Woah Grinders!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Woah Grinders!

Post by sly386 on 8/17/2014, 6:14 pm

So, I wanted to grab a few bones, exp, and maybe a skeleton head for myself, so I went to Warp Grinders to get some fast skeleton spawns in one place. After a few minutes i got what I needed and was heading back, and I heard the zombie spawner going crazy. I thought I was alone and so I went to go check out who was using it. When I got there, the zombie spawner was too full. I freaked out and killed them so it wouldn't cause server lag, but when I was finished, I got three stacks of 64 zombie meat. I think something is wrong with the zombie spawner because that was way to many zombies in one place at one time without anyone being there. Someone please look into it? See if it is something with the spawner or if it was just a freak accident or a lag spike that caused them all to spawn there.

sly386
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Woah Grinders!

Post by Heisenberg on 8/17/2014, 6:18 pm

It be the curse of the living flesh.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What?

Post by Fluffy807 on 8/17/2014, 6:50 pm

I thought Grinders was closed...

Fluffy807
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 8/17/2014, 6:53 pm

being i foudn all those spawners and was maker of the warp i know what it is, and what it is is that when you stand at the skelly spawner your in range of the zombie spawner

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sly386 on 8/17/2014, 7:04 pm

Ah, so when I was at the skeleton spawner killing my skeletons, the zombie spawn was technically still on and sicne no one was there killing them, they piled up? Well good thing I went over and cleared them out then.

sly386
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 8/17/2014, 9:28 pm

This can be a problem. Since from what I hear there is no retardant to the spawning of mobs eather lamps at the spawner or an instakill option so this can happen again. At warp blaze there is the lava that drops covering spawn points and lighting the spawner and at 1.6 pandaville i installed a lamp roof that can be toggled. Without anything regulating the mob count this can easily turn into a `lag generating structure` and cause server lag.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/17/2014, 9:48 pm

Hostile overworld mob spawners can be disabled with redstone lamps, i've done this over and over and over to disable them. If you can disable them with torches, you can disable them with redstone lamps. Also, blaze spawners are more difficult to disable as the mechanics for spawning blazes are different. Hence the lava.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/17/2014, 9:52 pm

oh also, that isnt a problem. I've had mob farms with 4 spawners put out a crap ton of mobs. There are at any given time, thousands of mobs on the server. Mobs lag more on the client side. The issues with mob farms is afking near skeletons and they try to shoot you. The arrows have a habbit of not despawning. Arrows are entities and entities DO cause server lag. IF in large amounts. I've seen over 10k arrows, and that is a round about estimate.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/18/2014, 10:44 am

Pax wrote:I've seen over 10k arrows, and that is a round about estimate.
"Dont mind me, everyone, Im just going to recreate my favourite scene from that movie, 300." -This Guy

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum