Plugin Suggestion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plugin Suggestion?

Post by sly386 on 8/17/2014, 1:44 pm

So I was looking around some of the plug-ins that people have made because I wanted to know more about them, and I saw one that my friends have always suggested was in normal minecraft: holding torches.

There is a plug-in that lets light emit from a held torch instead of having to place it down. I think the server should look into adding it to the server for many reasons. 
1. When mining for long periods of time, you tend to run out of torches.
2. Sometimes you only have one torch left, but lots of unexplored area.
3. While some people are smart and use torches on the wall to show them the path back, others just place them whilly, nilly, and I think a torch in hand would cut down on torch litter.
4. This would let people who are in the dark, who are in a non-editable area, or someone else's area be able to see without littering/no being able to place an object at all.
5. It doesn't change the terrain whatsoever.

There are a few drawbacks though. People going to the End wouldn't need a Night Vision potion anymore, and coal would probably drop in prices because people would use only one torch to explore than buying tons of coal to get lights. Other than that, I think the plug in would be a nice addition. I'm just asking you to look into it, its not necessary, but I bet a lot of people would want it. Thanks for reading.

sly386
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Suggestion?

Post by Coaltrain615 on 8/17/2014, 1:52 pm

it would cause alot of lighting changes which can and will lag some people which wont make them happy just sayin

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 8/17/2014, 2:07 pm

This doesn't sound like a plugin, this sounds client side. Could you link us some examples?

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on 8/17/2014, 2:27 pm

It's not a plugin, it's a mod called dynamic lighting. Client side I'm pretty sure, so wouldn't work on the vanilla server

Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 8/17/2014, 2:48 pm

I know some shaders have this. I've never heard of a plugin for this

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/17/2014, 3:56 pm

Its not even possible with a plugin. Trust me i've tried. Thought of it as a donator perk once. Any rate, this wouldnt be a good idea on a survival server for one reason.....

NO ONE WOULD NEED TORCHES ANY MORE. Just that 1 torch in their hand. They would stop making them. Almost making them useless. Yeah people will need them to light up their houses and yards so mobs dont spawn.....but after that, the majority of your torches go towards your mines.

Here is what I do when I go mining in survival legitly....I carry a stack of logs with me. You can craft it into planks in the 2x2 crafting grid on you, and you can craft sticks in the same grid, and once again, you can craft torches in the same 2x2 grid. If your mining and dont come across coal as you go, then your doing something wrong.

TL;DR......Nooooope!

But thanks for the suggestion any ways!

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sly386 on 8/17/2014, 5:32 pm

Like I said, it was a suggestion, and I saw it on Bukkit Plugin's in the search bar, it was made Monday. But yeah, i guess torches would be useless if everyone jsut needed one torch. Thanks for looking into it at least XD

sly386
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top