Oasis Coat of Arms / insignia

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oasis Coat of Arms / insignia

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 8/17/2014, 8:40 pm

Goomy Rant:
You are correct on the fact that goomy is a dragon Type and receives all the benefits of a pokemon of the same typing but that does not make goomy an automatic dragon. In the pokedex it states that its the soft tissue pokemon. Its evolution sliggoo is a soft tissue pokemon. It only recieves the dragon pokemon status when it is a fully evolved goodra. With the typing logic of its a dragon type its a dragon would not be a very reliable source to judge species. Using the pokedex entry and its visible appearance you can find these facts about the first two evolutions...

It has no bones and is made of only soft tissue.
It lives in moist environments.
It secretes mucus and is covered with a slime membrane.
Its main form of sensory equipment is the long appendages on its head.
Goomys appearance is that of a slug and sliggoo is that of a snail.

If it walks like a snail and it quacks like a snail then its a snail.
^Now that that's over...
Those are some nice emblems and coat of arms there, and i hope this will help you out Rayvenx.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 8/18/2014, 7:37 am

FairyNinjaStar wrote:
MegaScary2 wrote:

Yeah I know it isn't really what you would call a "Coat of Arms" but it counts as an insignia. I hope you guys like it.

Oooh, I like this one, its pretty!
I was looking for one like this having the beach and palm trees

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 8/18/2014, 9:19 am

Everyone has good ideas, it's more than what I could come up with on my own. However, when I read this thread that was asking for Oasis insignia/coat of arms, I figured it would be something that only represented Oasis, not pixelmon or ftb. Maybe there could be 2 insignias, one for just Oasis and one that encompasses all 3 servers. Just my thoughts on it. That's why I like Mega's idea better for the insignia, because its just Oasis focused.

FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayvenx on 8/18/2014, 4:21 pm

FairyNinjaStar wrote:Everyone has good ideas, it's more than what I could come up with on my own. However, when I read this thread that was asking for Oasis insignia/coat of arms, I figured it would be something that only represented Oasis, not pixelmon or ftb. Maybe there could be 2 insignias, one for just Oasis and one that encompasses all 3 servers. Just my thoughts on it. That's why I like Mega's idea better for the insignia, because its just Oasis focused.
I guess since I really only play on SMP, I didn't think to be specific about this. Yes, I am only looking for representative images of SMP, not the other servers. I like the idea so far minus the imagery of pixelmon and FTB.

Rayvenx
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 8/18/2014, 4:25 pm

Goomy is a dragon.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 8/18/2014, 5:28 pm

swag:

So I'm thinking of an insignia and I'm like "Hey trees are a thing". Ever since mine in 1.2 (And a few before) they've been a part of every spawn. It also represents a lot about Oasis and SMP itself. Trees, obviously, are a huge part of SMP, being the first stepping stone and leading into amazing things. It's also a kind of metaphor of all of our maps in general. From little plain saplings they grow into huge diverse beings, before being chopped down to make room for a new, bigger tree. I used the SMP font for Oasis, adding the Pokeball and Goomy to represent Pixelnips. I wasn't sure how to do FTB, so I added it's logo near the bottom. There's plenty of room for customisation and the leafy bit obviously needs work (First draft). But yeah, trees are a common insignia and I can't think of a better thing that represents Oasis besides Pax eating children.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/18/2014, 8:29 pm

Its funny, I was actually thinking about a tree for this for those exact reasons. I guess you beat me to it. Looks good, Luke!

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to have a buildoff for this, maybe even multiple buildoffs, just to compare logos and see which ones are picked after some deliberation from staff (and maybe input from spectators...?) I figure this would be after we have a decent amount of people working towards some designs for a while. Any thoughts? Maybe after a design is picked, everyone tries to stick to that motif or something and just collectively build on an insignia as a group?

If we were to do this sometime during the day, I would be quite likely to spectate, havent been on the server in a while. Id personally love to stop by for an hour or so to watch our crack team of builders on this.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayvenx on 8/18/2014, 8:45 pm

Shnoork wrote:Its funny, I was actually thinking about a tree for this for those exact reasons. I guess you beat me to it. Looks good, Luke!

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to have a buildoff for this, maybe even multiple buildoffs, just to compare logos and see which ones are picked after some deliberation from staff (and maybe input from spectators...?) I figure this would be after we have a decent amount of people working towards some designs for a while. Any thoughts? Maybe after a design is picked, everyone tries to stick to that motif or something and just collectively build on an insignia as a group?

If we were to do this sometime during the day, I would be quite likely to spectate, havent been on the server in a while. Id personally love to stop by for an hour or so to watch our crack team of builders on this.

I personally love this idea! Maybe we can use the BO area and have an event announced so as many people can be on to check it out!

Rayvenx
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 8/18/2014, 8:51 pm

Taccy wrote:Ever since mine in 1.2 (And a few before) they've been a part of every spawn. 

Rip in peace 1.3 tree

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on 8/19/2014, 2:22 am

That micro Goomy... I love it!

Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayvenx on 9/4/2014, 6:02 pm

Bumping to give everyone a chance to include their work if they want! We will have a vote very soon if no new entries are posted. I really like everything that's been entered so far!

Rayvenx
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake on 9/4/2014, 7:55 pm

Goomy! <3 Love it Taccy ^.^

Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 9/6/2014, 12:53 am

Image pretty much speaks for itself.

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayvenx on 9/6/2014, 1:32 am

Xhoblophone wrote:
Image pretty much speaks for itself.
Can you incorporate this into a banner or some form of shield maybe? It's an insignia not just words :p

Rayvenx
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top