AdminShop Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AdminShop Idea

Post by tjr1022 on 8/11/2014, 8:27 pm

Ok so

I have over 2 double chests of baked potatoes in and outside of my shop. I have gained less than 1k in profit during the whole time my shop has been in /warp shop. So I was wondering if the Admin Shop could sell food that we can buy and sell to it for infinite food for people that can afford it and for profit for farmers and stockpilers such as myself.

Thanks,

tjr1022

tjr1022
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

adminshop idea

Post by retkojy on 8/11/2014, 8:30 pm

id love that ps. tjr whenever i need food i go to ur shop

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AdminShop Idea

Post by robbie291 on 8/12/2014, 7:53 am

I have almost that many cooked chicken....

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon on 8/12/2014, 8:23 am

A great idea, a great place to sell all my carrots to make money, but if you have too much food just give it out to those who need it. :P Put large public farms in your town, that way guests can harvest their own food. Put up shops to sell your food. But an AdminShop for food would be a bit powerful, if you think about it. Too much money is made too fast without much work. Maybe a buying shop from AdminShop, but I dont think a selling shop would work out great.

LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 8/12/2014, 9:32 am

LordTomenon wrote:A great idea, a great place to sell all my carrots to make money, but if you have too much food just give it out to those who need it. :P Put large public farms in your town, that way guests can harvest their own food. Put up shops to sell your food. But an AdminShop for food would be a bit powerful, if you think about it. Too much money is made too fast without much work. Maybe a buying shop from AdminShop, but I dont think a selling shop would work out great.
All of this.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 8/12/2014, 9:37 am

We'd need to take ease of effort into account. For the average player, when mining, they can get about 1 diamond every 10 mins. That's .1 every minute. A food, let's say potato, you can get at least 5 per second, so 300 in a minute. (Creating and replating the farm takes equal time to getting mining equipment, so don't use set up costs as an excuse) This makes a diamond 3000x as rare as a potato, meaning the price to sell should be a 1/3000th of diamond price. The admin shop gives 8 per diamond, therefore it should only buy potatoes for 0.00267 each, which doesn't seem worth it at all.

EDIT: Food is also an infinite, fixed income that requires no skill, risk or effort compares to its admin shop buys. Finding diamonds can't be done while afk and is more down to mining skill or luck, its nowhere near as easy as going afk next to a huge farm and setting up some auto harvester.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/12/2014, 11:45 am

TL;DR, having the admin shop buy back food would screw up the economy to hell and back. You could make a FRICKEN huge potatoe farm that gave you a 3 stacks each harvest with an auto harvest system that pushes them all into hoppers that feed into chest. In one IRL day you could have a several if not more double chest full of potatoes.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjr1022 on 8/12/2014, 11:47 am

COuld you buy potatoes for very cheap and that wouldn't mess up the economy that much?

tjr1022
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 8/12/2014, 11:59 am

Paxination wrote:TL;DR, having the admin shop buy back food would screw up the economy to hell and back.  You could make a FRICKEN huge potatoe farm that gave you a 3 stacks each harvest with an auto harvest system that pushes them all into hoppers that feed into chest.  In one IRL day you could have a several if not more double chest full of potatoes.
heh. hehehe. huehuehuehue. My private farm gets me 4 double chests of potatoes per harvest per level after replanting. I have 10 levels of potatoes, and 5 levels of random other crops. .w.

BACKONTOPIC: What Taccy and Pax said. It is way to easy to get, and it is infinate.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

adminshop idea

Post by retkojy on 8/12/2014, 12:07 pm

sorry tj but after reading these i think thats easssay monay

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 8/12/2014, 12:08 pm

Ill have to go with Taccy with this one. Having an adminshop on renewable resources can cause some major fluxes in the Oasis economy. Also shops set up buy mods are required to have high prices to avoid economy abuse.

"c. /item and Selling Items
If you (a staff member) choose to open your own shop, and if you choose to sell items that the AdminShop sells, you are required to make those chests BUY-ONLY and the shopsign needs to have the same QUANTITY and PRICE as the appropriate sign in the AdminShop. Period. This is only so that players cannot eco-abuse you. Second of all, if you own a shop and you choose to sell spawned items, please mark-up the price so that players will be less likely to purchase said items. Remember - ONLY staff members may sell spawned items to other players. In addition, please put in glass blocks or other random junk in your ChestShops so that players have a harder time trying to bankrupt you or do some other sort of eco-abuse. Finally, use some common sense when setting up a shop. Do not price rare items with dirt-cheap prices. For example, if the value of one diamond is 100 coins, do not sell a diamond chestplate (which requires 8 diamonds to craft) for equal or lesser value than 100 coins."

Adminshop follows this same rule by having high prices and low sell value on all of its items to prevent shop abuse.

The pricing of renewable resources must follow this rule and to have an 'marked up price'. The current price of a melon slice is at 0.19 B:S 0.06 (based on average price of shops that sell melon in shopworld as of July 7 see [http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t18956-oasis-iconomy-economy]) that would be priced at 12.16 B:S 3.84 a stack. The pricing would have to be priced to discourage the selling of said item to the adminshop. As Taccy puts it a sell of 0.00267 (374.5 potatoes per coin, almost 6 stacks) would be the projected price of potatoes reflecting the very low value we must put on the price of the sell of renewable items.

Even though a sell price may not appear at all on the server the idea that LordTomenon puts it

'' Maybe a buying shop from AdminShop, but I dont think a selling shop would work out great. ''

This can be beneficial to Oasis.

Like the spawn eggs in Adminshop we could include the selling of farm materials for Oasis. Like said above they need to be priced high enough to discourage constant buying but this service would provide a quick start up for new farms on Oasis in the future especially on map resets. It also can provide a mild deterrent to farm griefing since it provides a way to get the seeds without the need to use other players farms.

For the moment with many players in shopworld already selling these renewable resources at shopworld there is little need for a setup of a admin shop in said items.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/12/2014, 4:27 pm

Thought/Suggestion:
Why not build mini shops at every warp/portal(outsideredzone) that you possibly can, and just sell food and things that way?

Guests never even /warp shop right away, unless someone tells them to. I think you'd get a flow of more people buying food if you setup minishops near portals (OUTSIDE THE RED ZONE; build a road to it maybe) or towns and other warps that people frequently advertise. I made decent money off a shop in Flake Town back in 1.5, and all I really sold was food, potatoes, and the occasional stack of diamonds when I got the urge to mine. Eventually upgraded to a shop plot, but I kept my flake town shop too and geared it more towards food. Leave a couple instructional signs, like "left click to sell, right to buy" and "click sign not chest" to clear common mistakes up so people will be more interested in trying the shops. Could also put a sign with the /money command and remind new players they start with 1000. If you advertise your shop effectively near high traffic areas, you'll likely make a decent profit.

The plains is a tad crowded, but I know other portals have space available, along with towns. You can also build and utilize roads to lead people where you want them to go, even if your shop isn't right out near the edge of the please-don't-build-here red zone.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjr1022 on 8/12/2014, 9:41 pm

Thanks for idea konachan 

Can a staff plz lock this

tjr1022
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top