Hat mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hat mod

Post by legotaylor on 7/14/2014, 3:33 pm

So when I get back from vacation I'm thinking about getting the hats mod but I'm not sure if it's allowed. Anyone know?

legotaylor
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hat mod

Post by MegaScary2 on 7/14/2014, 4:57 pm

Here is the rule section that tells you what mods are allowed and what ones aren't.
Section X. Client-Side Modifications

This section of the server rules states which modifications are allowed and are banned. Client-Side Modifications are generally not allowed and need to be approved by an Admin/Owner before being used. Here is a short list of Modifications that are strictly banned and some that are Admin approved.

a. Banned Modifications
-Xray (this includes xray texturepacks)
-Zombe's Client Modifications pack.
-FullBright.
-ZANS minimap

Any other modifications that give you an unfair edge over other players are also not allowed. Please note that using these can result in a kick, temp-ban, permanent-ban, and/or IP ban.

b. Allowed Modifications
-ClientSide Mini Maps
-Optifine
-Too-Many-Items
-Better Chat (Note: abusing the hot-key feature is considered spam, and will be punishable like such)

c. Other Modifications
Modifications other than the ones listed above are not allowed unless you have the permission of a staff member. If you are unsure of the legality of a mod, please ask a staff member.

Last edited by MegaScary2 on 7/14/2014, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meh)

MegaScary2
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 7/14/2014, 7:19 pm

I believe I know the mod you are talking about. If youre thinking of the mod where mobs are wearing hats and you kill them to unlock their hat, then this applies. If its something else, then this is still handy knowledge and read it anyways, I guess.

A mod like this adds a little tidbit of code to mobs when they spawn (I assume) which randomly generates a number (I guess) deciding whether or not it wears a hat and if so, what kind. Due to the nature of generation, I am led to believe that this is a server side mod. You could have it active on your profile, but it wont work on Oasis unless our grande owners (not as in slavery, js) were to implement it unto the server as a whole.

If you wish for this to be included in our big Oasis plugin list, you would have to talk to Pax or Mad about it. Im not taking any definitive stand point here as I know little about the process of including this inclusion from the staff perspective (I understand its a pain though).

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legotaylor on 7/14/2014, 9:07 pm

Thanks!

legotaylor
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 7/14/2014, 9:12 pm

I'd like to refer to an old friends post who decided to get a hats mod. 

http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t12895-so-i-decided-to-install-this-mod

The mod is completely allowed because it is purely For looks and fun. It also doesn't give any unfair advantages.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legotaylor on 7/14/2014, 9:14 pm

Thanks for the help osga.

legotaylor
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile