auto farm questionS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

auto farm questionS

Post by Dementia_bourne on 7/10/2014, 5:51 pm

HIIIII!!!!!!!!

Ok so a while back I asked permission for the auto cooking chicken farm with daylight sensor! yes i know it broke and yes i know why!!! YAY LEARNING!

so im here asking about a few of my fav auto farm types because while they work flawlessly on xbox 360... (minus hoppers cuz 360 does not have them yet) I HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY MAKE LAG ON A SERVER!!!!!!

*1. Sugarcane farm. typically tower or stacked wall style. reg. pistons with butten to break 2nd block. average height, 5-15 layers by 16 across (X4 for box tower, or 34 single stalks approx for circle tower) hoppers at bottom for gathering.

*2. wheat/carrot/potato farm. tower design. uses 4 pistons holding back water per floor. each side of tower from middle is the waters spread distance. average height 5-10 floors. lever activation. hoppers at bottom for gathering.

*3. nether wart farm. sphere design. uses "sifter" regular pistons shove soul sand back and forth once per side with hoppers directly underneath.

*4. coco bean farm. large waterfall wall design. average size is 1-4 "Sections" between 20-40 levels. each level is 16 across with 1 coco bean row. uses lever and pistons holding water back. hoppers on last level.

*5 slime farm. cactus reducer with hoppers to gather orbs. (would need world seed to find suitable location, would prefer 4 chucks but can make do with 1.

*6.1 not a farm so much as a grinder for mobs. 30 block high tube. with 1 floor and water pushing mobs to their death. hoppers gathering items.

*6.2 grinder 2.0. large floating tower grinder with enderman kill and tripwire cell drop. please see Dataless822 design here\/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSg3aab2BQw&index=7&list=PLmio7818e3E5gBAysxNXnSIJ9wgfW5o8q

now i know overworld pigman farms are out of the question... they lag my 360 sooooooo yeah not even gonna ask.

*7. string farm! prefered 2 cave spider spawners. cactus with hopper design, simple and effective.

*8. NOT A FARM. mumbos item elevator. uses dropper. ice. water on ice. 2 fence posts. and tower of glass into another ice/water chute into a hopper line.

These are all the ideas / designs i would like to use in the server. I would love feed back from the admins on this. i know Lina has hit me in the past with the "cool concept.... but not here please" but her counter ideas worked amazingly! If anyone knows other formats of auto harvest farms that oasis allows PLEASE share! I love learning new devices!!!

Dementia_bourne
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: auto farm questionS

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 7/10/2014, 6:59 pm

Not 100% sure about the mob farms but the plant farms sound ok. You just cannot a. Go afk near structures for extended periods of time and b. Run said farms on a Redstone clock (a Redstone device that spams a signal) if you ran the machine with just a simple button or lever it should be fine. The biggest issues of afk farms on this server is people going afk for hours till the mob count gets high enough to drop fps to 1 and they make no moves to regulate it.

this is just my experience with this rule

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 7/10/2014, 7:51 pm

All those farms are ok as long as your not afk'ing near them for hours upon hours upon hours. And keep them small.

The problem is that some players have made afk pools that prevent you from going afk, and when that happens, the server wont kick you for being afk for 1 hour. Now when this happens items/mobs could build up in the 100's of 1000's. We had a player one time afk near a skeleton farm (had a skelie spawner) and the skeletons kept trying to shoot at him, after which a couple hundred thousand arrows got stuck and would not despawn. And eventually lag the server.

As long as the farms are kept small and you dont afk near them for ever, its fine. And non of them are run on a redstone clock.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementia_bourne on 7/10/2014, 8:25 pm

Paxination wrote:All those farms are ok as long as your not afk'ing near them for hours upon hours upon hours.  And keep them small.

The problem is that some players have made afk pools that prevent you from going afk, and when that happens, the server wont kick you for being afk for 1 hour.  Now when this happens items/mobs could build up in the 100's of 1000's.  We had a player one time afk near a skeleton farm (had a skelie spawner) and the skeletons kept trying to shoot at him, after which a couple hundred thousand arrows got stuck and would not despawn.  And eventually lag the server.

As long as the farms are kept small and you dont afk near them for ever, its fine.  And non of them are run on a redstone clock.
 totally understand and no i detest redstone clocks as they lag even the 360! as for the mob farms i use the term "Grinder" as it was used by Dataless822 because the entire design is to make them fall to their deaths. with the grinder 2.0 it uses sticky piston, pressure plate traps to shove the endermen level by level until they reach the death drop (42 blocks as they have feather falling). the grinders are the only afk style builds i posted but bearing in mind that it is in no way shape or form intended for xp. simply loot such as gunpowder, redstone, bones, arrows, silk, and most importantly ender pearls!

though if you dont mind... could someone recommend a good way to build up xp on oasis sense those afk farms are not approved?

Dementia_bourne
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 7/10/2014, 8:41 pm

Fighting the dragon is the most efficient way of doing it if you got the resources. The final hit on the dragon is 75 levels flat no matter how many levels you have or 25 if you where present at its death. There is also /warp blaze which is a XP farm. Just remember what me and pax discussed above so we don't have any mob count issues.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementia_bourne on 7/10/2014, 8:43 pm

Gr00veDriftTreh1 wrote:Fighting the dragon is the most efficient way of doing it if you got the resources. The final hit on the dragon is 75 levels flat no matter how many levels you have or 25 if you where present at its death. There is also /warp blaze which is a XP farm. Just remember what me and pax discussed above so we don't have any mob count issues.
oh wonderful!!! thank you so much for the information!

Dementia_bourne
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top