No disrespect intended

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No disrespect intended

Post by blanks1434 on 7/6/2014, 2:45 am

Tonight we mentioned in game that we have a ts server for swordsville. It was met with some hostility. We didn't mean anything by it. We opened our own server because we have kids and wanted a place where they could go on ts and chat with others in a friendly non cussing environment. We are not bible thumpers and yes we do occassionally cuss in front of our kids. We checked out the oasis ts server and there was a lot of the f bomb used and other words as well. Our kids are the ones that introduced us to minecraft and a friend introduced us to this server. We love the server and the fact that our kids can play on here. The in game chat is usually fine and she doesn't pay a lot of attention to it. I appreciate the welcome she has received from others and just want her playing experience to stay kid friendly. So we apologize if we caused any problem or if we did anything wrong. Pax, Mad, or Lina if you feel we did anything wrong just let us know. Thank you for having such an awesome server.

blanks1434
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No disrespect intended

Post by sencezz on 7/6/2014, 5:45 am

Seems like a responsible thing to do imo.

sencezz
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 on 7/6/2014, 5:56 am

The language in ts can get rather foul, its kinda sad.

pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 on 7/6/2014, 5:58 am

Hi there :)

While I'm not a member of the staff on the server I think that it was probably a misunderstanding. We tend to have a lot of people advertise different servers be it Minecraft or Teamspeak to try and get players to join these different servers. In your case some people probably thought you were advertising a new TS server to try and get people off of the Oasis one. Reading your post I am 99.9% sure what you are doing is allowed and like sencezz has said it sounds like the most responsible thing to do. Thanks for posting about your concern :) I'm sure a staff member will reply ASAP.

Have fun on oasis :D

~Ollie

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 7/6/2014, 1:01 pm

In my opinion, this is a good thing to do. Like revilo said, it might have been a misunderstanding. Also, you could respectfully ask the people on teamspeak to not swear around you or your kids. I have asked multiple people to not swear as much around me, and they have honored my request. I'm sure that most people would edit their language around you and your kids if you ask them.  Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 7/6/2014, 3:56 pm

Exactly like Emers said, USUALLY all you have to do is ask the players to watch their language.  Most will oblige you.  If some dont, you could always notify staff as the rules about chat on the MC server do apply on the TS as far as making chat (whether it be text or voice) uncomfortable for you or your children.

I would like to also point out that there are private channels that you can ask staff to put you in for privacy so that sort of thing happens.  And to be honest, I would go out of my way to make a temporary private channel for you and your family if no private channels are available.

And like already stated, it was more than likely a misunderstanding with the players thinking you were advertising.  Which is against our rules, but your situation is completely fine.  Your more than welcome to do that if our TS server doesnt meet your needs.

In the future I will try personally to make sure the chat on the TS meets your needs.

Pax~

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 7/6/2014, 6:34 pm

It's good you asked about this and i see no harm in this as long as the staff agree and just ask people to calm down and stop the swearing or at least not swear as much as they will probably listen

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:No disrepect intended

Post by blanks1434 on 7/9/2014, 7:50 pm

Thank you everyone for all the positive replies. We didn't really have an interest in having our own TS account. We just were interested in having somewhere that kids could go and avoid the language issue. We have been trying ts on the oasis server and have tried to stay in channels where there are not a lot of people. So far it has not been too bad. I appreciate all that has been done by staff and members alike to make us and our kids feel welcome. Keep up the great work!

blanks1434
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 7/10/2014, 4:59 pm

NP, I can completely understand when it comes to your children. And I'll do anything I can to respect those wishes.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top