Forums votes

5 posters

Go down

Forums votes Empty Forums votes

Post by mickdude2 7/2/2014, 1:16 am

Hey, I was wondering whatever happened to forum upvotes? I recall a long time ago, everyone who had positive upvotes could either upvote or downvote a comment. This was great, because with Oasis' community, there were upvotes EVERYWHERE (Except for thechrisanator, who spammed useless topics and got a reputation of -170). 

As I said before, we had this and it was great, but we took it out (correct me if I'm wrong) because people started downvoting kevo and he raged. Which is a stupid reason overall to take it away. A) Kevo's not even here anymore, do we have to go through this still? and B) I was at -60 (from a troller and a less... mature past). I made all that back up in time, partly because of the awesome community as seen in paragraph 1.

Now, I know a lot of the arguments against this. It would make the forums more like a competition, but you could say the same for the 'top using posters this month' banner over there >. I also think this could be used for a lot of good things in our community though. Like Flom was saying in another thread (sorry I'm too lazy to find it), people posting 'bad advice' could just be downvoted. If you see a giant red bar next to the post, most likely you'll find it less credible. Plus, this rewards people who actually take the time to post helpful topics.

So yeah, maybe I'm just a stickler for the old ways, but I think this was a great thing that should be re-instated.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Forums votes Empty Re: Forums votes

Post by pokekid3847 7/2/2014, 2:01 am

This sounds amazing, great idea:)
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 7/2/2014, 4:22 am

I think that would/could be interesting. So its like a rating system for forum post?
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 7/2/2014, 6:49 am

People, *cough* I wont name them, made double accounts to upvote themselves.

mickdude2 wrote:people posting 'bad advice' could just be downvoted. If you see a giant red bar next to the post, most likely you'll find it less credible. Plus, this rewards people who actually take the time to post helpful topics.

So yeah, maybe I'm just a stickler for the old ways, but I think this was a great thing that should be re-instated.

How are we not sure some people are just downvoting if they disagree with your post even if you are right.

I would like it back as well, but it has too much downsides than upsides.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 7/2/2014, 8:45 am

:)
Forums votes 0005c766fbc582d984ac9bb75deb6768
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 7/2/2014, 10:05 am

Not a big fan of the idea. Like Krazo said, it has quite a few downsides. People making multiple accounts just to upvote themselves, people downvoting everything that an 'enemy' posts, downvoting something if you disagree with it but it is right, I could keep going on, but for time's sake I will stop there. And what up sides will it bring, other than nostalgia? Being able to see who is helpful in the community. I can't really think of more than that. And even that you are pretty easily able to do by observing.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2014, 3:30 pm

I won't be using the forums apart from ban threads anymore. Unless it's to clear something up.
Down-vote me to oblivion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down