FTB SERVER

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FTB SERVER

Post by Accusing_panda4 on 7/2/2014, 1:26 am

Ok I'm having a bit of a problem with FTB.Whenever I download a mod pack it doesn't launch my minecraft but here's the thing before my computer could run FTB just fine but now it doesn't so if you guys have any theory on why it does this please say so.

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 7/2/2014, 9:32 am

Accusing_panda4 wrote:Ok I'm having a bit of a problem with FTB.Whenever I download a mod pack it doesn't launch my minecraft but here's the thing before my computer could run FTB just fine but now it doesn't so if you guys have any theory on why it does this please say so.
Try deleting the folder your installing the mod packs into.  Just delete the ENTIRE folder and redownload the mod pack.  I've heard other people have this issue and the best way to fix it was that.  And since installing the mod packs is simple as shit, you have nothing to lose.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus on 7/2/2014, 12:30 pm

Paxination wrote:
Accusing_panda4 wrote:Ok I'm having a bit of a problem with FTB.Whenever I download a mod pack it doesn't launch my minecraft but here's the thing before my computer could run FTB just fine but now it doesn't so if you guys have any theory on why it does this please say so.
Try deleting the folder your installing the mod packs into.  Just delete the ENTIRE folder and redownload the mod pack.  I've heard other people have this issue and the best way to fix it was that.  And since installing the mod packs is simple as shit, you have nothing to lose.

I think i had the same problem that you're having at the moment: I could download the launcher and the modpacks just fine, but if I tried to open one of them, at some point it would just close itself and not give me any message of what happened. The problem that i was having was that there were other files/folders in the folder that FTB tried to install the modpacks in. The solution that worked for me was just making a new folder somewhere else and telling FTB in the options menu that it could install its folders/files there. Hope this works for you too :)

OasisMaximus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue on 7/2/2014, 1:16 pm

Dr_CrazyyCPU_98 wrote:
Paxination wrote:

I think i had the same problem that you're having at the moment: I could download the launcher and the modpacks just fine, but if I tried to open one of them, at some point it would just close itself and not give me any message of what happened. The problem that i was having was that there were other files/folders in the folder that FTB tried to install the modpacks in. The solution that worked for me was just making a new folder somewhere else and telling FTB in the options menu that it could install its folders/files there. Hope this works for you too :)

I am also currently having this problem with the FTB launcher. I never had a problem with forge, but half these mods are also new to me. Anyway, I tried changing the folder in the options and everything. As I understand things, nothing in my .minecraft folder should matter if I use FTB launcher - or does it?

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 on 7/2/2014, 6:55 pm

Dr_CrazyyCPU_98 wrote:I don't know if there'll be a separate forum for the FTB server, but since there isn't one (yet), i'm gonna say it here:

Because the Ender Storage mod is in the dw20 pack, everyone can access any enderchest (because they are colorcoded, and not bound to a player, so that you can use it to easily transfer items around and automate stuff).
So maybe it would be a smart idea to setup some kind of list where you can see who uses what colors, and maybe a topic where you can apply for colors, so that there won't be any conflicts between players.
I believe that if you put a diamond on your ender chest it locks it for that player only

TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/2/2014, 7:12 pm

it doesnt lock it for that player only, it adds alot more combinations from what i saw on the ftb wiki

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/3/2014, 1:49 pm

i think oasis should get an ftb forums and we could have a part where we could do enderchests(kinda basing of drs idea), like share our combos and make sure no one takes them, make combos public for trash or sharing items, donating to spots, etc.

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 on 7/3/2014, 3:07 pm

And btw you might wanna whitelist it because with the IC2 mod you can make a nuke so some people come on the FTB servers and literally nuke it.

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 7/3/2014, 3:25 pm

Accusing_panda4 wrote:And btw you might wanna whitelist it because with the IC2 mod you can make a nuke so some people come on the FTB servers and literally nuke it.

It's going to be whitelisted. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before.

We will whitelist the FTB server and (at the moment) only Trusted+ and PokeManiacs (Pixelmon equivalent to Trusted+) will be able to apply for whitelist. you will not instantly be granted access to the FTB server. Also please note that any grieifing on FTB WILL result in you getting banned from ALL THREE Oasis servers, so you need to be extremely careful and on your best behavior.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico_Dubai on 7/3/2014, 6:07 pm

Huehuehuehue
I'm so exited :3
Cant wait

Nico_Dubai
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/3/2014, 6:55 pm

im really excited to

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 7/3/2014, 7:01 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
Accusing_panda4 wrote:And btw you might wanna whitelist it because with the IC2 mod you can make a nuke so some people come on the FTB servers and literally nuke it.

We will whitelist the FTB server and (at the moment) only Trusted+ and PokeManiacs (Pixelmon equivalent to Trusted+) will be able to apply for whitelist. you will not instantly be granted access to the FTB server. Also please note that any grieifing on FTB WILL result in you getting banned from ALL THREE Oasis servers, so you need to be extremely careful and on your best behavior.
What about mistakes? I can guarantee you, more than one person will blow up their nuclear reactors.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 7/3/2014, 7:48 pm

mickdude2 wrote:
madscientist032 wrote:

What about mistakes? I can guarantee you, more than one person will blow up their nuclear reactors.
As long as the keep the reactors plenty far enough away from any one elses house or stuff, i dont care if they blow up.

I've done this my self on a small reactor and yeah...

ALso, Grim, the stuff in your .minecraft folder should not affect FTB at all.

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/3/2014, 7:56 pm

just wondering whats the explosize damage done on average by an exploded nuclear reactor?

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 7/3/2014, 8:32 pm

Coaltrain615 wrote:just wondering whats the explosize damage done on average by an exploded nuclear reactor?

I dont know the exact radius of the blast, but until someone gets that information lets just classify it as one "hella crater". Safe to say that nuclear fission is a fickle mistress, so yeah, be careful. If you dont plan on insulating it with blast proof materials, pretty much anything within arrow shooting distance would take damage.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/3/2014, 9:05 pm

well i looked at the nuclear reactor and it seems like itll pack a punch but also looked and found theres some blocks that can do a bit to stop the radius

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggJ1939 on 7/4/2014, 9:38 am

Nuclear reactors only pack a punch if you literally shove a 6 chambered reactor full or quad fuel rods and flip the switch and let it go :P there will be a place at spawn that will show how the reactor can be safely set up, and then people can go from there.

Like pax said, as long if you build it away from people, underground and a couple layers of protection preferably (hardened glass, obsidian, etc.), reactors are just another fun mod to play with :)

BiggJ1939
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile http://unexpecteddesign.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 7/4/2014, 9:46 am

(O.O) nuclear reactors....so much to learn on FTB

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 7/4/2014, 9:50 am

Wow I was super excited until I read Mad's post just then.... Guess I wont be playing FTB cause Im not Trusted +

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/4/2014, 11:22 am

robbie i believe its t+/pokemaniac and up, and donators count as up but i arent sure

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 7/4/2014, 11:40 am

Idk Coaltrain Ill have to ask Pax or Mad, I hope I'll be able to play on Oasis FTB. scratch

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 7/4/2014, 7:04 pm

Yes, T+/pokemaniacs and $20 donators (OR HIGHER) will be allowed on.  This may change later, but wont affect any one that has already gain access to the server.  This doesnt mean you HAVE TO donate $20 to get on in ANY WAY WHAT SO EVER!  Because the T+ rank will get access.

FYI, we are looking at being ready to open the doors in the next 1-2 weeks.  This is just a rough estimate how ever.  Setting up a full blown modded from the ass out minecraft server from scratch takes a while.

We have a separate forums in the making for this server as well.  When we are closer to knowing an exact deadline, the sites link will be disclosed.

I want remind all donators and any one interested in donating.  Perks are kept separate between servers.  When you donate, you should make sure to mention which server its going to by posting on that servers forums donation section.  Example:  SMP donation on the SMP donation section goes to SMP SERVER and you get the perks on the SMP SERVER.

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 on 7/4/2014, 7:08 pm

Will I be able to get acess even though I haven't been active. I'm also a $20 donator

TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 7/4/2014, 7:25 pm

Will there be ranks on there? I'd kinda rather if there weren't...

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico_Dubai on 7/4/2014, 7:28 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Will there be ranks on there? I'd kinda rather if there weren't...

Nico_Dubai
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top