[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Plugin Suggestion: BlockHunt To Replace PropHunt

Post by awesomezaxman1 on 6/24/2014, 11:12 am

I want there to be BlockHunt instead of PropHunt only due to the fact that it is easy to setup and that it hardly has any lag (unless you go overboard on RAM usage). It is very fun and it doesn't have to be hosted, so that ANYONE can play at ANYTIME. It will be very helpful for staffs who are too tired to host and have that person go "Can you host PropHunt?" each day. If you need help with setting up, I will be happy to answer your questions. I don't need special perks to show you how. I'll just point and stuff. I think this would be great for the server. Also, I suggest making your own map. And when you make a map, The waiting lobby has to be close to an arena. So, that means each arena will have it's own waiting lobby. The joining hub however is different, you can put that area anywhere.

awesomezaxman1
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile https://ytjungamer.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Suggestion: BlockHunt To Replace PropHunt

Post by madscientist032 on 6/24/2014, 12:34 pm

FYI our current prophunt arenas are set up with the lobby adjacent to each respective arena, and each staff member can use /prophunt host <map> and not actually have to play the game if they don't feel like playing the game.

The only questions I have are these:

Are there any plugins that BlockHunt requires in order to run?

Is BlockHunt compatible with DisguiseCraft?

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 6/24/2014, 1:11 pm

madscientist032 wrote:FYI our current prophunt arenas are set up with the lobby adjacent to each respective arena, and each staff member can use /prophunt host <map> and not actually have to play the game if they don't feel like playing the game.

The only questions I have are these:

Are there any plugins that BlockHunt requires in order to run?

Is BlockHunt compatible with DisguiseCraft?

To answer those questions, Blockhunt requires ProtocolLib and Lib's Disguises, and uses them instead of Disguisecraft.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 6/24/2014, 2:32 pm

I would say stick with prophunt.

First off, when oasis is down for maintenance, i go on a minigame server and they do blockhunt, and i hate it. It makes really stupid noises and doesn't even let you know when you hit someone. Plus blockhunt does not tell you when someone has died or anything. And blockhunt requires i believe 3 or 4 plugins that are not on oasis. 

Prophunt however shows particles and makes a hit noise when you hit someone. Plus staff can host it very easily with 1 simple command and the staff member who host it doesn't even have to play. Im gonna put it as simple as i can, in my opinion prophunt is better in every way

So i would say it would be better to stick with prophunt

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomezaxman1 on 6/24/2014, 2:56 pm

BlockHunt does make a noise when you hit someone. I've heard it, you probably have sound off or something when playing BlockHunt. Plus, BlockHunt doesn't have any bugs (unless it's setup incorrectly) and I have heard that PropHunt is laggy and has some bugs from people.

awesomezaxman1
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile https://ytjungamer.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 6/24/2014, 3:20 pm

I know we really checked out other prophunt plugins once prophunt broke awhile back and blockhunt seemed fine. Also if the main issue is the noises, you can probably disable some sounds just like how you can with prophunt. Definitely worth looking into with our current setup not even being playable.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top