Shopworld Singularity (Gr00ve)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shopworld Singularity (Gr00ve)

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 5/23/2014, 11:40 pm

I have been culminating a bit of wealth for quite a while and it constantly burns a hole in my pocket wanting it to be used. So I've decided to try to put it to use in this project.

This projects in the basest of terms is me buying most/all of the stock in shopworld and to sell it for you.

But in order to ensure the most efficient transition to this singularity I need the help of the fellow shopworld merchants.

I cannot look into all of your chests to find out the stock and eventual cost to pull off a task like this. So with the assistance of you fellow players I ask of you to divulge some information to help me see if this feat is possible.

I would need the following information

`Total value of all ores (Diamonds, metals, lapis, redstone, etc.)
`Total value of all hostile mob drops
`Total value of all renewable resources (farm crops, wood, etc.)
`Total value of all enchanting and potions
`Total value of misc. (everything not listed)

`Total value of entire shop plot's stock

(simply times the amount of items in the chest by the price you have listed to get the value then add it to the appropriate categories above)

Some Guidelines...
`I am not required to buy all the items in your shop so if I see you are selling something like emeralds for 75$ I will not buy it, it would be like buying a pair of shears for 75$ so it would not be worth my resources.

`If you post here and in any way preform adjustments to your shops and prices to purposely falsify your claim
Spoiler:

`Please post so I can accurately gauge the values of the shops and preform this change as soon as possible, if you do not want to be a part of this process simply post that you don't want to be a part of this.

`Tell other shop owners about this post so that they too can be a part of this.

Hopefully with your cooperation I can help each of you to reach the potential that all of your shops can achieve.

Last edited by Gr00veDriftTreh1 on 5/24/2014, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopworld Singularity (Gr00ve)

Post by jandavey on 5/23/2014, 11:52 pm

Capitalism at its finest.

jandavey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://leafblock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 5/24/2014, 9:44 am

Having shopworld as a unified shop seems somewhat unfair. Pax recently posted about a waiting list for shops, which shows me that there are still enough people who wish to be shop owners that there wouldnt be much of a market for these people to have their fair shot at the business. Although this is an interesting idea, i think it may be somewhat difficult to rationalize. In my opinion, if you can convince the shop owners adjacent to you to have joint shops in which all parties can benefit with a large range of stock, go right ahead. Unfortunately, this brings up the problem of others wanting double shops, shops going unnoticed due to your one large one and various other socio-economic downfalls.

What im saying is this is something to rethink. Afterall, this is how WW2 started. At this point in time there are too many variables to rationalize shop world under one single ownership.

(Accidentaly long, my apologies)

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 5/24/2014, 11:16 am

Shnoork wrote:Having shopworld as a unified shop seems somewhat unfair. Pax recently posted about a waiting list for shops, which shows me that there are still enough people who wish to be shop owners that there wouldnt be much of a market for these people to have their fair shot at the business. Although this is an interesting idea, i think it may be somewhat difficult to rationalize. In my opinion, if you can convince the shop owners adjacent to you to have joint shops in which all parties can benefit with a large range of stock, go right ahead. Unfortunately, this brings up the problem of others wanting double shops, shops going unnoticed due to your one large one and various other socio-economic downfalls.

What im saying is this is something to rethink. Afterall, this is how WW2 started. At this point in time there are too many variables to rationalize shop world under one single ownership.

(Accidentaly long, my apologies)

WW2 started because Hitler invaded Poland (and because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor).

And I don't see much harm from this. Groove could probably single-handedly run the economy better than the market right now. You want to compete against him? Make competition. You find you can't? That's capitalism my friend.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 5/24/2014, 11:40 am

WW2 began with Poland as the flash point, but it was along with the assimilation of a few other countries beforehand. That was the reference I was going for.

All history aside, im only saying that the economy doesnt NEED to be run by a single person. Thats not so much capitalism as it is totalitarianism. I dont doubt that Groove could efficiently overhaul the shop system and efficiently price every item you could possibly want as only one single person or small group of people could, its just that Oais is a community based server. You cant really throw the community to the wind without people complaining.

What im curious about is any staff opinions on this...? Im sure someones noticed this thread by now, maybe they can lay things to rest before things are grossly misunderstood and taken out of context.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 5/24/2014, 12:32 pm

It's not totalitarian, it's laissez-faire capitalism, and if Groove doesn't care about profit (Which he stated he hasn't) then there's no incentive for him to mark up prices. If the community wants to shop elsewhere, there's still the opportunity to shop elsewhere. And if a shop owner doesn't wan't to sell, he doesn't have to. This isn't a socialized system, it's a mixed system, and I think it could be very effective.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 5/24/2014, 1:30 pm

Like to also add that your only allowed 1 shop per player.....

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 5/24/2014, 4:19 pm

mickdude2 wrote:It's not totalitarian, it's laissez-faire capitalism, and if Groove doesn't care about profit (Which he stated he hasn't) then there's no incentive for him to mark up prices. If the community wants to shop elsewhere, there's still the opportunity to shop elsewhere. And if a shop owner doesn't wan't to sell, he doesn't have to. This isn't a socialized system, it's a mixed system, and I think it could be very effective.

^I'd say this is the best description of my motive.

I am not trying to preform a capitalistic overthrow of shopworld, what I am trying to do is to is to put my hoarded liquid assets and put them back into the oasis economy. Also I have no reason to raise the price, I would only need to match the average price of the items bought and I will break even. I am not buying the shops just stock that is in them.

Anyone who has balanced a budget or studied economics/accounting should know that liquid assets (cash) > material assets (stock) due to its flexibility and quick buying power (you don't see anyone going to the store to trade a goat for eggs anymore). I would assume that anyone who has a shop in shopworld is trying to gain these liquid assets.

I am not trying to cause a totalitarianism rule and I would be hard pressed to do so with this method. I am basically going to a shop and saying 'hey you got some good stock here and you have a bit of trouble selling it, how 'bout I buy it from you and I can sell it for you'. I am not gaining anything from selling other peoples stock and it only gives the power of the liquid assets to the other players.

Finally to consolidate stock to a single shop is a bonus that would help shoppers get particular items without running to every shop in shopworld.

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 5/24/2014, 4:46 pm

Gr00veDriftTreh1 wrote:This projects in the basest of terms is me buying most/all of the other shops to form a single shop.

If you solely intended to buy the STOCK of all the other shops, then this is entirely different. I was operating under the influence that you wished to buy the shops themselves and have a super shop. If your intentions are merely to buy all of a shops wares then in that case, there shouldnt be any problem.

This is what i meant when i said there would be a need for some form of clarification before anything was misinterpreted. Thank you Groove, for clarifying. My problem was with any one person or small group of people holding excessive amounts of shop space. As you pointed out, that is not the case.

And for the record, i think we agreed on literally every other aspect of this debate, just from a quick review of statements.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 5/24/2014, 5:23 pm

^ Ohhhh.... saying I would buy all the shops instead of the stock would probably give the wrong message.... Thank you changing it right away...

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candigurl198530 on 5/24/2014, 10:52 pm

As a shop owner,sometimes it is a pain to keep certain things in stock. I think your single shop would be nice in that I wouldnt have to restock things so often. But at the same time I think u need to relax. I have made a great deal of profit from my shop.... more money than I can spendin the  foreseeable future. You should want others to thrive on the server. Having only one shop will drastically slow the flow of money to other players. Your chests will always be full from people trying to get some money. Then noone will be able to sell to gwt the money they need to buy. If you have too much stuff. Lower your prices, or give things away. I used to sell diamonds at 25 each because I had something like 30 blocks. And if it doesn't hurt me I will often give items away. People will be glad to get the things they need for a cheap price. Putting everyone out of business is ridiculous and greedy.

SN: I just saw pax said 1 shop per player. I have a shop in shopworld and a shop in Pripyat. Is that allowed or no?

Last edited by Candigurl198530 on 5/24/2014, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added SN)

Candigurl198530
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/24/2014, 11:23 pm

Candigurl198530 wrote:

SN: I just saw pax said 1 shop per player. I have a shop in shopworld and a shop in Pripyat. Is that allowed or no?

Yes, it's just one shop per player in shopworld. Can build all the shops you want outside of shopworl *-*

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 5/25/2014, 1:23 am

Due to negative responses and non cooperation to fulfill this project I've decided to drop it. There is very little point to continue this if most people involved will react negatively to these actions.

I appreciate the comments, views, and discussions given by you all and I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully I will find some other project to spend my resources on.

(Lock Thread If You Please)

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum