World Reset

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Reset

Post by BuzzMango210 on 3/9/2014, 9:29 pm

This one mainly goes out to mad and Pax-

When is the next world reset? Lots of players predict it in 1.8, but when is it for sure if you guys  plan to do so? I would just like to know ahead of time because when I was unbanned about 2 months ago I lost my house without realizing it. It wouldn't just be a big help to me but also everyone else on the server.

Thanks!

-Buzz

BuzzMango210
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Reset

Post by madscientist032 on 3/9/2014, 10:05 pm

Right now Pax and I are still deciding on what to do with 1.8 when it comes out. Right now our options are as follows:
  • Do a dual-world map
  • Reset the 1.7 map and make a 1.8 map
  • Do nothing and simply expand the borders

Paxination and myself will get back to you guys when we figure out what to do!! Stay tuned.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 3/10/2014, 3:56 pm

My suggestion would be to do a duel-map with the current 1.7 map and add a map for 1.8. I really liked how that worked out with the 1.5/1.6 maps, and I believe that it would make just about everyone happy. The people who want to keep what they have can stay on the 1.7 map, and the people who want a new start can play on the 1.8 map.  Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FerociousFeline on 3/10/2014, 4:13 pm

4emersons wrote:My suggestion would be to do a duel-map with the current 1.7 map and add a map for 1.8. I really liked how that worked out with the 1.5/1.6 maps, and I believe that it would make just about everyone happy. The people who want to keep what they have can stay on the 1.7 map, and the people who want a new start can play on the 1.8 map.  Smile
o3o -nodding in agreement- I am personally very fond of this idea owo I recently joined, i've put in perhaps just a mer weeks worth of time since i joined this server,however  i'd be very upset if all of my work was wasted ;n;

FerociousFeline
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/10/2014, 5:27 pm

Call me old school, but I like getting a new map every update... keeps the worlds semi clean, and gives everyone a fresh start.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 3/10/2014, 6:39 pm

I think Ben is on the right track for this. If you look at what 1.8 adds, it only really puts a few new blocks into world gen, much like the difference between 1.5/1.6 being horse spawns, if im not mistaken in both cases. Keep in mind, we did have a new map for the redstone update which didn't add anything in world gen (But 1.4 was out for a really long time, soo...). Realistically, based on the information i can see, getting an entire reset would seem a bit unnecessary. If nothing else changes in world gen and whatnot, i can see the most likely options previously listed being the expanded borders or dual world map, both of which would work out with the minor additions made.

However, Im not staff, I dont have a say in it. I just see many people on the forum asking about whats going to happen so I thought I'd weigh in on the matter. Naturally, Mad or Pax could see anything fit for 1.8, so don't relly on any one outcome people! Keep open minds as nothings written in stone yet!

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 3/10/2014, 9:43 pm

i like all the ways to deal with 1.8 coming out mad suggested but i agree with mick

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico_Dubai on 3/11/2014, 8:17 am

mickdude2 wrote:Call me old school, but I like getting a new map every update... keeps the worlds semi clean, and gives everyone a fresh start.
^^

Nico_Dubai
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maarten1708 on 3/11/2014, 12:27 pm

I want to go for a new map too.
New update, new opportunities, new towns, new builds, I'm all for it :)

Maarten1708
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top