Server Logs Regarding Ban (Not ban appeal)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Server Logs Regarding Ban (Not ban appeal)

Post by ralfpker on 3/7/2014, 5:07 am

Based on the quote "complete abuse of the Oasis economy. You were warned earlier and you failed to heed our warnings." may I please see the warnings stated, as well as what you consider "abuse" of the Oasis economy?

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not to be confused for a ban appeal

Post by ralfpker on 3/7/2014, 6:54 am

Here is a post by Lina legitimizing my request for information, incase anyone may find issue with it.

"Whether making a forum thread or asking for info on your ban, I think it's perfectly legal to ask for records. Logs have been supplied before for xray cases, and even minor griefs when asked for them by banned players. Staff might still be going through them, so you may not get them right away though. But asking for proof =////= Ban Appeal"

-Thank you Lina

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server Logs Regarding Ban (Not ban appeal)

Post by madscientist032 on 3/7/2014, 10:19 am

ralfpker wrote:Based on the quote "complete abuse of the Oasis economy. You were warned earlier and you failed to heed our warnings." may I please see the warnings stated, as well as what you consider "abuse" of the Oasis economy?
I have already shown you the warnings. I  have already told you what Economy Abuse is. Do not play stupid with me.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 3/7/2014, 11:56 am

Going add something to this seeing how you want play dumb... Look you were warned I know because I saw you get warned.. You know exactly what you are doing. We are not stupid kid look at my age under my name... believe it... this isn't my first experience with a kid who thinks he has our system of rules scoped out. This is my warning to you when you come back.. I don't want any smart comments to staff or disrespect.. You will follow the rules set for you and you know them if you fail to follow those rules I will not hesitate to ban you on the spot and there will be no appeal.

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfpker on 3/7/2014, 4:00 pm

I am simply asking for the logs, i'm not trying to "play dumb", or use them for any sort of benefit. This does not seem like an unreasonable request to me? I just want to take a look at them.

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 3/7/2014, 4:27 pm

I just wanted to make a quick point here about our rules that you, Ralfpker, seem to keep overlooking.

Our rules state in them that staff has the right to interpret the rules as they see fit. This basically means that situations that are similar to other situations will fall under those defined rules.

Loop holes in the rules. We have a rule against using loop holes around our rules. This is to prevent players from trying to work our system, which, honestly, is what it looks like your trying to do.

In a lot of our rules, its stated that its up to staff to determine the severity of the issue. Like for example lag generating structures. Its up to staff to determine if a specific build is generating enough lag to affect the server or other players experience. There is no defined measure of any type of rule like this. There is no way to measure it, hence why its stated as so in specific sections.

There is also this one - g. Crimes Unspecified by Rules. What this means is that if we find a players actions punishment worthy even if there is no rule for it, we will do so. We dont have to add a new rule everytime a new issue comes up. Here in the US, not sure where your from, but we have this standard called "The model citizen". When some one does something that some one thinks is wrong, our law inforcement looks at this model citizen as a reference. For example, and this is a bit of an extreme example, but its the best one i can think of....

Some one is walking down a street, they find some one laying on the ground. They dont stop, they keep walking. A video camera catches him walking past that person on the ground. Eventually some else finds that person, checks them, and they are dead. They call the police. Coroner determines that the person died not too long ago. Police get a copy of the camera's recording and find out that some one walked past that person, and it happened to be BEFORE that person died.

Legally that person can now be charged with negligence and possibly manslaughter (1st degree?). I cant remember exactly the crimes but thats just a guess any ways. There isnt a law that says we have to help that person laying on the ground. The model citizen standard says that a decent person would stop and help them and call for help if it was needed.

Basically the same thing here. Your not trying to be a model citizen of our server. Your trying to exploit our rules, system and the games mechanics to the best of your ability. That wont be tolerated here. Basically, if you want to hang around any longer, just be a model player, get on, play/build and have fun. Enjoy the community, they are the best. We wouldnt be here if it wasnt for them.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top