mickdude2
biocreeper187
AppleInYourFace
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Books. Empty Books.

Post by AppleInYourFace 2/25/2014, 7:09 pm

I've been a book binge lately and I need a new series/book to read after I read The Fault In Our Stars. So here post your favorite series/book or just a suggestion.

Top 5 Suggestions From Me
 1. Wonder- Wonder is about a boy with a facial deformity and how he has to face bullies and over come challenges when he goes into a real school for 5th grade. Heart warming and made me cry a few times.
 2. Divergent Series- I'm not even going to say anything about the story but it did make me cry a little.
 3. The Hunger Games Series
 4. Any John Green Book- Most of his books are sad and at times depressing so if you don't want your heart to die stay away from this one. (If you don't know him  Google him)
 5. The Testing Series- This is a newer series only has two books released ATM but is already sounding good.

Don't argue with someone if they don't like your favorite book, move on.

Last edited by AppleInYourFace on 2/25/2014, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
AppleInYourFace
AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Books. Empty My Favorite Book/Movie

Post by biocreeper187 2/25/2014, 7:17 pm

Howls Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Favorite since I could Read .3.

That isn't a Link

I Just Like Blue

Oh and also The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann.

Last edited by biocreeper187 on 2/26/2014, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
biocreeper187
biocreeper187
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Books. Empty Re: Books.

Post by mickdude2 2/25/2014, 7:39 pm

This Bloody Mary is the Last Thing I Own is a great boxing story. Kinda like the Rocky series from Micky's point of view, it's great if you enjoy any type of sports book.

Flatland is great for those who enjoy math. Even if geometry wasn't your best subject, then you can still follow the story line. It's pretty funny.

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. You should be required to read this. It's extremely good satire, set in a realistic sci-fi apocalypse.

The Fault in Our Stars. John Green. Speaks for itself.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 2/25/2014, 8:04 pm

Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz-It's about a 14 year old british teenager who finds out his only family member(uncle)is killed not in a car acciedent which is what they told him he was shot in the car,his uncle also works for MI6 and they ask Alex to be a spy and help them.

Nichloas Flamel the secerts of the immortal by Michael scott-Nicholas Flamel was born in 1330 but when he died his tomb is empty and his wife Perenelle or Perry was born 10 years later they move to San Francisco in the present day and Nicholas owns a book store and he goes by Nick Fleming,his wife has a cofee store called The Cofee Cup and a man named John Dee who was born in the time when Queen Elizabeth I ruled.There is a book called The Codex in which Nicholas is told to protect.Josh newman works in the bookstore and his twin sister works in the cofee store then John Dee comes with golems and trys to take the book he does but Josh tackles Dee andpulls out two vital pages he needs.

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 2/25/2014, 10:40 pm

Percy Jackson series- Personal favorite. Really good if you are into Greek mythology 

Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon- Another favorite series I just recently finished. About a boy who has to deal with demons in New Orleans

The Weir series by Cinda Williams Chima- Very interesting series that has a little bit of Medieval integrated into Modern day

(P.S I'm a huge fan of fantasy books and all of these are fantasy)

Last edited by TheChopper20 on 2/25/2014, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the authors)
TheChopper20
TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthound17 2/25/2014, 11:30 pm

Who  Needs  Books When You  Have SWEG.

Anyways, I personally don't have much time left for reading. It has slowly slipped away from my life. I will say, though, that I enjoyed The Hunger Games in the past. I still don't mind it but like I said before, time is slipping away from me.
This also kinda explains my absence from the server greatly.
Oh, and I like to read ingredient labels on cereal in the mornings. Does that count? :3
Nighthound17
Nighthound17
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/26/2014, 1:54 am

Been meaning to read the divergent series, probably will before seeing the movie.

Harry Potter 1-7 [JK Rowling] (why has no one said this yet)

The Outsiders [S E Hinton]

World War Z [Max Brooks]

Twilight lol no

I know there's more I'm forgetting right now... I'll edit this later

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 2/26/2014, 10:46 am

The heros of Olympus-Rick Riordan(made Percy Jackson series btw)

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 2/26/2014, 3:27 pm

AppleInYourFace wrote: 4. Any John Green Book- Most of his books are sad and at times depressing so if you don't want your heart to die stay away from this one. (If you don't know him  Google him)
An Abundance of Katherines starts sad and ends happy. Also, in Paper Towns, nobody dies. That's a plus.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace 2/26/2014, 4:25 pm

There is a new book coming out (comes out in May) it's called Console Wars.

Console Wars is about the old rivalry between Nintendo and Sega. What is very interesting about this book is that there is forward written by  Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg saying they might write a script for it and make it into a movie (Is this going to be like The Social Network...plz). Over 600 pages of Gaming History.  Shocked  plz now
AppleInYourFace
AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 2/26/2014, 6:51 pm

If you haven't read it yet, I would highly recommend The Three Musketeers, great story taking place in renaissance France. 

If your'e into sci-fi (or just want something cool and intellectual to read) then i would recommend pretty much anything by Isaac Asimov, he has some crazy ass futuristic novels that have actually inspired some modern day technology. 

If you STILL want sci-fi, i would also recommend the Dune series by Brian (and later Frank) Herbert. This series has the title of THE best sci-fi series, period. Including all the prequels, there are 12 books if Im not mistaken. Took me about a year to read them all, they're a good read.

The last book i can think to mention is a bit of both previously mentioned genres, called The Caverns of Socrates. I cant recall the author, but its a mix of sci-fi, renaissance, fantasy and philosophy. I read it years ago and its still fresh in my mind, very good read.

All the books i listed can be found at any second hand book store for dirt cheap, anywhere between 2 and 6 dollars. For the entertainment value, easily worth the money.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 2/26/2014, 9:11 pm

Shnoork wrote:If you haven't read it yet, I would highly recommend The Three Musketeers, great story taking place in renaissance France. 

If your'e into sci-fi (or just want something cool and intellectual to read) then i would recommend pretty much anything by Isaac Asimov, he has some crazy ass futuristic novels that have actually inspired some modern day technology. 

If you STILL want sci-fi, i would also recommend the Dune series by Brian (and later Frank) Herbert. This series has the title of THE best sci-fi series, period. Including all the prequels, there are 12 books if Im not mistaken. Took me about a year to read them all, they're a good read.

The last book i can think to mention is a bit of both previously mentioned genres, called The Caverns of Socrates. I cant recall the author, but its a mix of sci-fi, renaissance, fantasy and philosophy. I read it years ago and its still fresh in my mind, very good read.

All the books i listed can be found at any second hand book store for dirt cheap, anywhere between 2 and 6 dollars. For the entertainment value, easily worth the money.

If you like sci-fi, you should read Kurt Vonnegut. Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse Five are especially good sci-fi reads.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 2/26/2014, 10:48 pm

The Eragon Series-Christopher Paolini-Great fantasy series, lots of action, and some interesting romance and shit.

Ender's Game-Orson Scott Card-Amazing Sci-Fi book written awhile back, cool insights into the human mind of a kid genius.

Inkheart Trilogy-That shit is magical and fantastical
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 2/27/2014, 4:08 pm

Books  .. .
Well right now I'm reading Stephen King's pet cemetery and I plan to read some of his other books..
errr..... Sadly I don't have that much time for reading so I haven't read that many books to recommend :c

Last edited by pokekid3847 on 2/27/2014, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar c:)
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittycatteo 3/8/2014, 10:21 am

Mine are Eragon series and Wings Of Fire (i love dragons and mystical creatures).

Books. 2Q==
Kittycatteo
Kittycatteo
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Books. Empty RE: Books

Post by PandaMagazine 3/8/2014, 11:54 am

I dont usally read but if i did, i like mystery kinds :c
PandaMagazine
PandaMagazine
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Books. Empty RE: books

Post by OasisMaximus 3/8/2014, 3:06 pm

I like the Percy Jackson series too from Rick Riordan, but the Gone series are also great of Michael Grant
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittycatteo 3/10/2014, 6:18 pm

Ikr! I love Gone! It's real cool
Kittycatteo
Kittycatteo
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Keshaluver 3/10/2014, 7:27 pm

Paper Towns - John Greene
Dead End - Jason Meyers
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

idk i usually hate johbn green books but whatever loilz
Keshaluver
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 3/10/2014, 8:29 pm

Keshaluver wrote:idk i usually hate johbn green books but whatever loilz

We are no longer friends.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittycatteo 3/11/2014, 6:28 pm

XD I have read anything by him. I should try.........
Kittycatteo
Kittycatteo
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace 3/11/2014, 8:48 pm

The Matched Series
Matched
Crossed
Reached
by Ally Condie
AppleInYourFace
AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by tjr1022 3/11/2014, 8:50 pm

The Rangers Apprentice
tjr1022
tjr1022
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 3/12/2014, 1:24 am

Does manga count?
If so i'm about to start reading the manga for soul eater.
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/12/2014, 3:01 pm

The Curious Incident of the dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon

tldr;Intelligent, peculiar kid goes on an adventure whilst investigating the death of his neighbor's dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next