My Griefhouse ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Griefhouse ideas

Post by 4emersons on 2/2/2014, 3:03 pm

First of all, I don't know if it is by accident or for a particular reason that the post at: http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t17140-grief-house-ideas can only have Administrators reply to it, but I have some ideas for it that I would like to share with the GH team.

My 1st idea is a mountainous area that has hidden chests or blocks underground, or in non-obvious places. Maybe have a few small houses in random places, and possibly have a creek that runs through or down a small hill or mountain with some lapis blocks or something under the water, similar to how it was in this last GH event on Feb 1st. Possibly have some zombies with gold armor that you give to them, so they don't despawn and drop the armor when they get killed. 

My 2nd idea is to have a old crumbling castle that has a throne made out of a fancy material in a high room in the castle, and maybe have some dungeons down below with the remains of peasants or mighty warriors who turned traitor or something cool like that.

Another idea is to make another maze like the one that had the bedrock tunnels and stuff a few weeks ago (that was fantastic btw). I personally love mazes, and think that it would be fantastic.

Those are all the ideas I can think of right now, I will edit with ones that I think of at a later time. 

Another thing I would like to say is to just thank the GH team for all they do with GH for us. You guys don't get anywhere near enough appreciation that you deserve. I never really thought about it until yesterday when Taccy meantioned how there was very many unappreciative people of it. After he said that, I thought about it and realized just how much work it is, and that you guys spend so much time and materials on it, and that you guys deserve a ton more appreciation than I used to give at least. I don't know how many people messaged the GH team showing their appreciation, but in regular chat yesterday, I only saw a few thank you's from the group of what, 20 or 30 people doing it. I would think it would be hard for them to want to continue doing all this hard work and using so many materials for this mini-game with only a few people showing their appreciation. So I would like to show my thanks for the GH team and all they do for our fun, and I would like to remind you all just how important it is to show appreciation for it.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: GH

Post by PandaMagazine on 2/2/2014, 3:11 pm

I like it ;)

PandaMagazine
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Griefhouse ideas

Post by OsgaTharp on 2/2/2014, 3:25 pm

4emersons wrote:You guys don't get anywhere near enough appreciation that you deserve.
 This, just this. Staff put in a lot of time for these games whether it be prophunt, survival games, or GH. I've seen people be upset because they didn't get much from griefhouse even though it's all FREE. A little appreciation goes a long way for the people who are investing hours of time for you guys to have a good time on the server.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Support!

Post by Silver_Stag on 2/2/2014, 3:27 pm

Props to the GH Team! I always enjoy the event as its very fun and enjoyable!

Also, props to emers for voicing our server-wide appreciation for this amazing event!

Silver_Stag
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 on 2/2/2014, 4:55 pm

After much thinking I came up with a idea for GH. Maybe instead of having a open room or a maze you can have a tower with multiple levels. As you go higher up the more valuable the loot is. The tower would have a bedrock layering so you can't physically make it impossible to progress or near to impossible. Of coarse there would have to be more planning of what each floor would contain, but it was just a idea I had.   Smile

TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 2/2/2014, 5:04 pm

TheChopper20 wrote:After much thinking I came up with a idea for GH. Maybe instead of having a open room or a maze you can have a tower with multiple levels. As you go higher up the more valuable the loot is. The tower would have a bedrock layering so you can't physically make it impossible to progress or near to impossible. Of coarse there would have to be more planning of what each floor would contain, but it was just a idea I had.   Smile
Ooh, I like this idea!

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 on 2/2/2014, 5:56 pm

Chop there's a mod like that called battletowers but anyway here's my idea I think we should do an abandoned villiage for the next map or one of them and maybe like the ruins of a church for another one.Hope this gave you some ideas on what to do. Smile

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 2/2/2014, 5:59 pm

I always thought it would be cool to copy in a current, well developed town. Change the chests and furnaces and add in your own loot and let players level a whole town that they know and love.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 2/2/2014, 8:06 pm

Osgatharp wrote:I always thought it would be cool to copy in a current, well developed town. Change the chests and furnaces and add in your own loot and let players level a whole town that they know and love.
Can we destroy Broasis?

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeralia on 2/2/2014, 10:05 pm

these are all great ideas, also keep in mind, our building limits are as big as that box you see every week :P Also what kind of loot would y'all like to see?

Aeralia
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 2/2/2014, 10:15 pm

I think having some cool stuff like enchanted gear would be really cool, and if they were like named so they would become novelty items. Such as for a diamond sword, Pax's Slicer" or something, i think that would be neat.

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Agreed

Post by ThunderHorse on 2/2/2014, 10:46 pm

Yeah i agree with everything said. You guys don't get enough appreciation for your hard work. You guys cant keep up with the amount of gh being held and keeping them stocked and as my way of showing my appreciation i am about to donate all of the following items listed below for the next and/or future griefhouse events (you guys can decide what goes and what waits)

i have decided i will donate 15 legit diamond blocks and a ton of legit resources and rare items for the next griefhouse including enderpearls, gold apples, barding (1 of each kind), resource blocks (iron gold and diamond and maybe an emerald or 2), a ton of building blocks, 1 or 2 portable horse saddles, 2 music disk, redstone blocks, glowstone, and i will make a special donation of a book with a code in it that you pm me if you find it and i will give you a free horse of choice (that i have for sale in wolftown along with a portable horse saddle) and a free plot at wolftown 

All of those items will be 100% legit none will be spawned.

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 2/2/2014, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a few more items)

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elwin15NL on 2/3/2014, 11:35 am

i really like xhoblo's idea of naming the items to an oasis member or staff member
i think this gives an other kind of value to a tool. for example a pax or mad sword would be pretty neat to have right?
something i dont like is the maze. because everyone will enter at the same place and then you run with 20 people to one chest and almost one really gets loot. i better like the idea of making a small town and hide some chests and valuable blocks. also use furnaces or droppers and hoppers to hide items this will make it a little bit harder to find the items

elwin15NL
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top