elwin15NL
OsgaTharp
Gweedo358
nsuth13 #2
9 posters

Go down

Quick idea. Empty Quick idea.

Post by nsuth13 #2 1/15/2014, 5:06 am

I think it will be good to have at spawn is the lists of warps you can go to, as i can't remember sometimes even spell the name of it, and it would be easy to just go /spawn and go look at the sign. k thx

nsuth13 #2
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Quick idea. Empty Re: Quick idea.

Post by Gweedo358 1/15/2014, 11:11 am

I have been thinking about this since the new map opened.. I will begin construction on the building in the next couple of days.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 1/15/2014, 11:18 am

We had /warp warps last map. Don't know if many people used it but it would be a great thing to add again
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by elwin15NL 1/15/2014, 1:08 pm

i did used /warp warps a lot also at voltage there were a few warps at signs. i think a lot of people will be using it.
elwin15NL
elwin15NL
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico_Dubai 1/15/2014, 2:46 pm

it's a good idea, but will it include EVERY warp? Oasis has lots of warps. bounce

Nico_Dubai
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 1/15/2014, 4:54 pm

I like the idea it will be useful so if people ask what are good towns we can just tell them to go to spawn and look at the warps instead of telling them to warp to a warp just to find a good warp
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2014, 5:40 pm

Last I heard, the players who made /warp warp are working on /warp warp for this map.
I have a temporary warp list up at warp experi
(might become less temporary, depending on how long warpwarp takes to finish x-x)

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 1/15/2014, 5:43 pm

Back in 1.8, there was a wall at spawn with all the warps.

This was of course back when towns were a lot harder to get, and there were more than just three or four people living in a town...
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 1/15/2014, 6:47 pm

Maybe instead of a board we can have a book(like the rules) that lists all of the warps. Or we can have a post on the server that lists all the available warps we have.
TheChopper20
TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2014, 7:09 pm

someone tried a warps tthread once, that didn't stay active very long ....
We could do a book, but we'd be updating it constantly (and the amount of staff that has access to even update book-kits is small I believe).
We could allow people to do /warps, but sometimes there are people who do not wish to have their warp publicized (plus, all of staff's warps would also be on there).

@mick I wish we had some kind of regulations or requirements laid out for people to even apply for town warps. It's hard to find a reason not to approve them, since even the really good towns usually start out as a warp with 2-3 people, a couple builds, and a few plots set out. Been trying to make small personal requirements for them that are reasonable enough without a set "rule" to be applied (Don't make it so close to the portals or other warps, at least 3 or 4 buildings, must have a rules board, must have at least more then the owner/co-owners living there, etc).
Having set requirements would probably lower the amount of towns, and increase the number of people living in existing towns...

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 1/15/2014, 8:04 pm

Lina wrote:@mick I wish we had some kind of regulations or requirements laid out for people to even apply for town warps. It's hard to find a reason not to approve them, since even the really good towns usually start out as a warp with 2-3 people, a couple builds, and a few plots set out. Been trying to make small personal requirements for them that are reasonable enough without a set "rule" to be applied (Don't make it so close to the portals or other warps, at least 3 or 4 buildings, must have a rules board, must have at least more then the owner/co-owners living there, etc).
Having set requirements would probably lower the amount of towns, and increase the number of people living in existing towns...

There's a lot wrong with the towns these days XD. For one, 
there's way too many. Oasis population really hasn't been going up enough to counter the amount of towns that are built. I remember the really great towns had close to 40-50 people living in them. I owned a town with JAMESTHEJRAGON a long time ago called Boardwalk. We had a lot in there before the town even opened- there was a public mine, a spleef arena, a nether portal, plots for not just houses, but also shops and businesses. There were tree farms and all sorts of things to keep the town exciting.

I'm not saying everyone needs to go build a giant redstone connect-four (We had that, by the way), but SOMETHING would be nice. Not just 'Oh, we have little plots for them to be contained in..' 

A lot of the stuff listed back then is just extraneous now, like a nether portal. (*Cue old man voice*)Back in mah day, if ye wanted ta take a trip ta tha' there nether, ya'd have ta gatha up eight whole block's o' obsidian, 'en get staff ta light 'at sucker up. None o' this fancy shmancy /warp nonsense. We had standards! We had dignity! We had incredible amounts of lag! (By the way, this is a completely accurate description of old oasis)

Some of the great towns (Warning: Nostalgia):

Please note (And I'm guilty of this too, but at least I wasn't a -ville) That a lot of these names are really, REALLY unoriginal. The difference, however, is that we had more creative names back then. Rosetree, Waterfront, Paradise City, Boardwalk. Now it seems like every name looks like: [username]ville or city. I can't really complain because I had Micktropolis, but wouldn't it be cool to have those pretty names again?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 1/15/2014, 8:57 pm

Yeah, thanks to your suggestion I am now searching up Latin words to make names for my next town. XD
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2014, 9:20 pm

I miss broasis... I never lived in it, but I always visited it often (both one and two).
There are some nice towns this map at least, among the many... The largest are probably Hood, Varrock, Arcadia, BWTown, and a couple others I'm forgetting maybe.

I regret not making Voltage as soon as the map started... I figured I'd let other people make the first town, since I had voltage last map, and it grew so big I needed skyplots as a last resort x-x. I tried to design it as a town people could stay in after being drawn there by the public enchant/anvils, and build whatever they wanted in the free plots (parks, breweries, bars, houses, whatever, only rule I had for that was shops had to stay in the shopplot section). For the most part, I think it went really well. Columbia from 1.5 inspired my free-plot policy. We also has a ton of farms for food, netherwarts, cacti, and a couple small tree farms. At one point I installed a maze minigame and gave out a reward. The town was a lot of work, If I wasn't doing staffwork I was almost always in Voltage checking things, building something, updating the town warplist, replacing anvils, or clearing more land for plots.

There are so many towns this map, I might as well have one now. Started working on some things at /warp VR, but I want a lot of things planned and done before I open it this time. My one regret about last map's town was I barely planned it at all... plots weren't measured evenly, and I was constantly in need of land cleared, so I ended up building over the ocean to make it work...

If people just stayed with their towns and worked on them to actively keep people there, it would be great.
The more time people put into planning a town, and/or the more people they have with them, the better they seem to turn out. People keep abandoning their homes the towns slapper together with plots and barely managed by the owners because there's nothing to keep them there, little flexibility in what they can build, and they want to move in with more people elsewhere...

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 1/15/2014, 9:39 pm

Lina wrote:There are some nice towns this map at least, among the many... The largest are probably Hood, Varrock, Arcadia, BWTown, and a couple others I'm forgetting maybe.

I regret not making Voltage as soon as the map started... 

Voltage! That's the one I was forgetting!

And those cities sound pretty... I probably missed them because they were being swamped with crappy towns.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 1/16/2014, 3:43 pm

I think i just got a better idea but i might take some time and duplication if possible

Heres what we could do we could add another book given to players upon joining that list all the current towns and warps so instead of trying to find any they can look in the book and find all the warps and towns and when the original book is finished staff can duplicate many of them and set it so it is in peoples inventories when they join

Im thinking it is a much better idea and will save all of us time by not having to list warps and towns to people when they ask what towns and warps there are currently. And like every month or so we can update it listing the new ones as well.

Im not saying a warp that list them all is a bad idea but a book might be easier and we can probably make it a kit as well so in case someone loses theirs they can spawn another
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 1/16/2014, 4:44 pm

TheChopper20 wrote:Maybe instead of a board we can have a book(like the rules) that lists all of the warps. Or we can have a post on the server that lists all the available warps we have.
Lina wrote:We could do a book, but we'd be updating it constantly (and the amount of staff that has access to even update book-kits is small I believe).
We could allow people to do /warps, but sometimes there are people who do not wish to have their warp publicized (plus, all of staff's warps would also be on there).

TheChopper20
TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down