New Mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Mod

Post by MineCartbrother on 12/21/2013, 11:38 pm

I'm going to suggest something that will make the server itself more interesting. And dont worry it's not Timbr mod

No. What I'm going to suggest is the mod smartmoving. The amazing mod that can change the way you walk and everything.
As many of you know, this mod was reviewed by one of our favorite...Miners. SkyKidRS a.k.a SkyDoesMinecraft.

As you can see, this mod lets you do so much more. Now, don't go all loopy on me, it's just a suggestion. here are some screenshots.

Im not saying do it right away, but it would be great if this mod was added to oasis.

Here are the requirements:

Required Mods

Client:

ModLoader or Minecraft Forge (for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge package only)
Player API vanilla/forge (for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge package only)
Render Player API vanilla/forge (optional for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge package only)
Server:

ModLoaderMp server and Player API universal for the ModLoaderMp server package
Minecraft Forge server and Player API forge for the Minecraft Forge server package

Bukkit:
Player API bukkit

MCPC+:

Player API MCPC+

Thanks for reading, although there's not much to it. This is MCbro Wishing you hugs and chocolate. :)

Last edited by MineCartbrother on 12/24/2013, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

MineCartbrother
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Mod

Post by Xhoblophone on 12/22/2013, 12:52 am

I am no expert at all in modding, but to have this on the server wouldn't every person have to modify their client to play, because this is more than a plugin.

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/22/2013, 2:34 am

Xhoblophone wrote:I am no expert at all in modding, but to have this on the server wouldn't every person have to modify their client to play, because this is more than a plugin.
I'm no expert either, but normally yes^ like how everyone who plays oasis-pixelmon needs the pixelmon mod to join... there are exceptions (optifine, reis, etc) but I'm not sure if this is one. It could be *shrugs*

Also I thought this might be a thread announcing a JrMod moving to Mod and got all excited I: XD

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 on 12/22/2013, 7:46 am

This is a client mod + server mod, Everyone will need to install it. Im pretty sure.

pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 12/22/2013, 1:10 pm

pokekid3847 wrote:This is a client mod + server mod, Everyone will need to install it. Im pretty sure.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MineCartbrother on 12/27/2013, 12:00 am

Well I would think it would be a great mod to have on the server, because i have seen other servers with this mod. Can't say it's not a popular mod, and you can't say that this isn't a popular server. If Oasis had this mod, the server would be unbeatable, and think of the player increase. Besides the installation, Oasis would be more fun to play on. This mod isnt just to have fun with, it's also innovative, and useful. And also the players who like to parkour just love this mod with a passion.

Now. I dont want to put anymore mods on oasis than it has to deal with, because, y'know, don't bite off more than you can chew.

MineCartbrother
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 12/27/2013, 12:11 am

mods like that require us to run bukkitforge which isnt even updated to 1.6.4 yet i believe. And it can be very unstable at times. I am fine with what we have.

Dont get me wrong, i love the idea of it. But keeping the server stable and running smooth is our highest priority!

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 on 12/27/2013, 12:31 am

I dont think we should install this mod for the server becauase some people like me dont know how to download mods or there computer is really slow or laggy also me.It could take the fun out of the server because some people wont be able to download the mod and wont be able to play oasis and sit in boredom.

Last edited by Accusing_panda4 on 12/27/2013, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artateck on 12/27/2013, 8:14 am

I think the thing about oasis is that it is easy to access, as long as you have minecraft, you can play on this server. If oasis were to add a mod, think about how many people could not play on this server until they got the mod. Some peoples computers do not support mods, or some people do not know how to download mods. Even though you had a brilliant idea of changing oasis to make it more lifelike, I don't think that we are gonna do it  silent

Artateck
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MineCartbrother on 12/27/2013, 10:26 pm

Artateck wrote:I think the thing about oasis is that it is easy to access, as long as you have minecraft, you can play on this server. If oasis were to add a mod, think about how many people could not play on this server until they got the mod. Some peoples computers do not support mods, or some people do not know how to download mods. Even though you had a brilliant idea of changing oasis to make it more lifelike, I don't think that we are gonna do it  silent

But isn't Bukkit itself a Mod also?

MineCartbrother
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 on 12/27/2013, 10:58 pm

^
Its a modification of the server, Not the client.
It doesn't require anything extra for the client to install.

pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorlol813 on 1/13/2014, 7:15 pm

This would be a good idea but me and my friend who play on the server both don't know how to install mods

Taylorlol813
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 1/13/2014, 8:57 pm

Taylorlol813 wrote:This would be a good idea but me and my friend who play on the server both don't know how to install mods
Please don't post on dead threads. This hasn't been touched in over two weeks. That is considered 'dead'.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorlol813 on 1/13/2014, 9:00 pm

I'm sorry I didn't know :(

Taylorlol813
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile