Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/13/2013, 11:16 pm

Ok guys and gals, I want you guys to post any suggestions you can think of that I could add to my 2 plugins here, OasisExtras and OasisChat, aka OE and OC from here on out. OE contains all the kewl commands that you guys like, like /slap. OC is obviously Player Chat.

Have at it, suggest away. And i'll decide from here.

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Cheerioes on 12/13/2013, 11:17 pm

/RANDOM

Cheerioes
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 301
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 19
Location : AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Guest on 12/13/2013, 11:19 pm

SHEEPCAST


Last edited by Lina on 12/13/2013, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it needed to intensify)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by madscientist032 on 12/13/2013, 11:25 pm

Lina wrote:SHEEPCAST
MADCAST and maybe /shitstorm and /bitchslap for those really annoying players XD

_________________

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 25
Location : Black Mesa Research Facility, New Mexico

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/13/2013, 11:32 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
Lina wrote:SHEEPCAST
MADCAST and maybe /shitstorm and /bitchslap for those really annoying players XD

I'll be honest, I totally thought about doing that! And PaxCast! But I settled for OwnerCast, and since we have the /chant command you could format your own MadCast. lol

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/13/2013, 11:33 pm

Cheerioes wrote:/RANDOM

And we have /random, but its broken again. Not sure if its bukkit or my plugin. But I havent changed anything in it in forever since I fixed it last time.

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NEW PLUGINS

Post by Artateck on 12/14/2013, 3:57 pm

I think there is this cool plugin called CATCANNON or something... basically what it does is shoot cats from a stick, then the cats explode!

Artateck
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : Canada!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Revilo410 on 12/14/2013, 4:05 pm

Artateck wrote:I think there is this cool plugin called CATCANNON or something... basically what it does is shoot cats from a stick, then the cats explode!





Can't get out of quote box...

I'm pretty sure that is a part of bukkit essentials; "/kittycannon"

_________________

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1704
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 18
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Guest on 12/14/2013, 5:16 pm

revilo410 wrote:
Artateck wrote:I think there is this cool plugin called CATCANNON or something... basically what it does is shoot cats from a stick, then the cats explode!





Can't get out of quote box...

I'm pretty sure that is a part of bukkit essentials; "/kittycannon"

yeah, OPs have it I believe

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by jackOPSftw on 12/14/2013, 5:50 pm

Artateck wrote:I think there is this cool plugin called CATCANNON or something... basically what it does is shoot cats from a stick, then the cats explode!

/kittycannon all day every day

jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 683
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 18
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Leagle on 12/14/2013, 6:09 pm

Still waiting for /shit

Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 23
Location : Fort Europe

View user profile http://nigge.rs/id/loadsamoney

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/14/2013, 6:54 pm

yeah that is kitty cannon, its part of essentials. Its an ops only command, it can be used for trolling so sorry. Trolling is ops only sorry! <3

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/14/2013, 6:58 pm

/shit is already on the server.....

/shitstorm isnt tho, but its on the test server, its sorta like /shit.

you should see /rage, pree nice. just need to add more effects.

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We Have A Test Server?

Post by Artateck on 12/15/2013, 8:09 am

We have a TEST SERVER? Can someone post the ip?


                                              Artateck

Artateck
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : Canada!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Heisenberg on 12/15/2013, 8:17 am

Artateck wrote:We have a TEST SERVER? Can someone post the ip?


                                              Artateck

It's for staff use.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 19
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by sirporkrind on 12/15/2013, 2:57 pm

What about an event/build-off timer?  Another idea would be to create a form for member applications instead of a new topic.  The staff could then approve a form on the website and through some backdoor black magic that player would be promoted to member without staff having to ever get in game to do it.  I suppose you could do the same thing with ban appeals and maybe donations although that would be trickier.

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/16/2013, 1:47 am

There are plugins i believe that already do that, but when I've suggested it, most have replied that it removes the human element from it. Im all down for automation...lol. But I can get why some wouldnt want it.

I actually attempted to do a build off timer. I actually tried to fully automate it for staff, staff could do /buildoff 25min

it would send invites to all players, first 4 to accept get in. rest will spectate. it would then create a timer for 25 mins and announce the time left every min or so, up until the last 10 secs. which it counted down. And it would even put them in the buildoff groups and move them out for you. I couldnt get it to work properly and chair was basically the same as the paragraph. Human element.

Oh well. Any other ideas? I just got done adding a couple nice things that i hope wont lag the server.

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by sirporkrind on 12/16/2013, 11:30 am

I can see that with the members I guess.  There was another server I helped out with and one of the admins automated it and it was super nice and easy, but whatever floats your boat.

As for the build-off timer I was just thinking it would be nice to have a global events timer that anyone can access with a command like /oeevents to see what events are happening currently and how much time is left.  Plus if the staff member in charge had to go offline for whatever reason people would still be able to see the time they have left.  If you were to do it you could also throw in a command that would let you warp to the event, and if you wanted to get super fancy you could make it so that when people did, for example, /oejoin [event name] the plugin would teleport and assign the player a plot if it is a build off.  That would be pretty sweet.

What about a dungeon plugin?  Staff could design and create dungeons and players would be able to warp to them and get special loot/drops etc. and after a player or players are done with it the dungeon would reset.  This may or may not exist already I haven't checked.

I would be willing to help you out as best I can making any of these too if you want.

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Guest on 12/16/2013, 12:54 pm

sirporkrind wrote:I can see that with the members I guess.  There was another server I helped out with and one of the admins automated it and it was super nice and easy, but whatever floats your boat.

As for the build-off timer I was just thinking it would be nice to have a global events timer that anyone can access with a command like /oeevents to see what events are happening currently and how much time is left.  Plus if the staff member in charge had to go offline for whatever reason people would still be able to see the time they have left.  If you were to do it you could also throw in a command that would let you warp to the event, and if you wanted to get super fancy you could make it so that when people did, for example, /oejoin [event name] the plugin would teleport and assign the player a plot if it is a build off.  That would be pretty sweet.

What about a dungeon plugin?  Staff could design and create dungeons and players would be able to warp to them and get special loot/drops etc. and after a player or players are done with it the dungeon would reset.  This may or may not exist already I haven't checked.

I would be willing to help you out as best I can making any of these too if you want.

DUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONSDUNGEONS *-*
I've been thinking of making a survival dungeon for a while, but got distracted with other things last map (mostly voltage e-e)
I could totally start working on this over the next month, seeing as I have off until January-something now.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 12/16/2013, 11:44 pm

sirporkrind wrote:
As for the build-off timer I was just thinking it would be nice to have a global events timer that anyone can access with a command like /oeevents to see what events are happening currently and how much time is left.  Plus if the staff member in charge had to go offline for whatever reason people would still be able to see the time they have left.  If you were to do it you could also throw in a command that would let you warp to the event, and if you wanted to get super fancy you could make it so that when people did, for example, /oejoin [event name] the plugin would teleport and assign the player a plot if it is a build off.  That would be pretty sweet.

I more or less had this at one time, it didnt quite work, and when chair turned it down, i was like, well screw it. But I might still do it tho. Just not all those options. I might add in an event system for players to look up when they are in server, and time remaining on it and warp to them.

If you really want to help out, keep pumping out ideas. Cant wait to show you guys some of the new stuff i've added. I just need more player oriented things to add. Something more like eye candy. Or something usefull.

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by kunaiknife452 on 6/10/2014, 6:09 pm

Paxination wrote:There are plugins i believe that already do that, but when I've suggested it, most have replied that it removes the human element from it.  Im all down for automation...lol.  But I can get why some wouldnt want it.

I actually attempted to do a build off timer.  I actually tried to fully automate it for staff, staff could do /buildoff 25min

it would send invites to all players, first 4 to accept get in.  rest will spectate.  it would then create a timer for 25 mins and announce the time left every min or so, up until the last 10 secs. which it counted down.  And it would even put them in the buildoff groups and move them out for you.  I couldnt get it to work properly and chair was basically the same as the paragraph.  Human element.

Oh well.  Any other ideas?  I just got done adding a couple nice things that i hope wont lag the server.
If you want a 25 Minute timer, there is a very easy to do, item de-spawn timer, since it takes exactly 5 min for an item to de-spawn you could hook up 5 of these together, and then attach the end to a command block/etc. Also with this design you can attach command blocks which could say things in chat like  [Buildoff] 10 Minutes left, If you want I can show you how any time, because it is very easy to make, and at the press of a button it would work, which staff members could have a door/etc that they go through and then press a button to make it start, and you could make the button do other things as well, if wanted, and the "human element" is thus still involved.

kunaiknife452
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Posts : 82
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 15
Location : Illinois, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Paxination on 6/10/2014, 7:21 pm

Yeah im aware of that.  I just like programming things.

_________________



StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Shnoork on 6/10/2014, 10:47 pm

If you want something glittery fo peeps to play with, maybe include commands that cause some sort of cute little affect on the player. Something like having a command that makes particle effects pop up around you. Maybe something like you type in /rage and smoke pops up or /love and hearts pop up. If you want to get really fancy with it, use commands that would move the player somehow. Maybe typing /wave makes you wave your arm in the air or something so you dont have to punch in someones general direction to say hi to them (cuz lets face it, thats just rude)

But I dunno. Im no programmer and I havent been around to play with commands in ages. (Actually, im hoping that will change soon. Schools almost over meaning Im a week and a half away from a bunch of free time and I recently had an idea for a fun build to do with someone Smile)

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1216
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 18
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by dtfgator on 5/2/2016, 7:48 pm

Didn't realize this thread existed, although it might be dead by this point. Anyways, here's a link to the post I made the other day over in plugin suggestions: http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t23963-redstone-controlled-jukeboxes

_________________
CEO, CFO, CTO, CLO of GatorCo. Industrial Group LLC™ and its subsidiaries - "Our work is for the profits"™

dtfgator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Oasis Extras / Oasis Chat player suggestion thread!

Post by Dr_Roboto on 5/2/2016, 8:30 pm

/rant

Dr_Roboto
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-11-27
Location : Los Alamos Manhattan Project Facility

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum