Should i wait

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should i wait

Post by ThunderHorse on 11/14/2013, 3:45 pm

Hey guys (and girls) i have been thinking and need help to decide on something. As you all should know i have been on the server for about 5-7 months (i lost track of how long iv been on oasis) and have had to delay applying for veteran due to a lot of school work and my job. So what i am wondering is do u guys think i should apply for veteran now while i have the chance or probably wait another another 5-8 months. As most of you know I'm online almost every day even if its for a few minutes and have been as good a member of the community as possible and have been a very helpful player and i think it is time i should apply for a better rank.

I don't know what to do what do u guys think

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should i wait

Post by Heisenberg on 11/14/2013, 3:53 pm

No.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/14/2013, 4:59 pm

ThunderTheW0lf wrote: i have been on the server for about 5-7 months

Forum Date = Join Date for all applications that are not ApplyforMember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 11/14/2013, 5:05 pm

You are not ready nor have been around long enough for Vet.  You are fun to play with, you are nice, but not quite ready for Vet.  Please don't take this personally.  I do think you would make a pretty good T+ or possibly Artison, though. Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 on 11/14/2013, 5:08 pm

Listen thunder dont take this the wrong way your a great player and all but most veterans have been on oasis for atleast 1 year so maybe in a few more months you should apply.Smile

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 11/14/2013, 5:16 pm

I am by no means an expert on this shizzle wizzle. But I think you should wait at least 6 months after your official join date.

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 11/14/2013, 7:47 pm

Well haven't i been on the server long enough though cause i registered on the forums like the 2nd day i was on the server and that was a long time ago and i have looked everywhere and i am seeing like 3-5 different amount of time u need to play on the server so i was just going with what i felt was correct.

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 11/14/2013, 7:50 pm

I mean 8 months is a long time almost a year cause if i joined in March and its november that is like 7 or 8 months so almost a year

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyChick07 on 11/14/2013, 8:55 pm

I suggest waiting c: I dont want to be mean or anything but i feel like you aren't ready yet. And luke o3o lol

LovelyChick07
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/15/2013, 1:36 am

ThunderTheW0lf wrote:Well haven't i been on the server long enough though cause i registered on the forums like the 2nd day i was on the server and that was a long time ago and i have looked everywhere and i am seeing like 3-5 different amount of time u need to play on the server so i was just going with what i felt was correct.
ThunderTheW0lf wrote:I mean 8 months is a long time almost a year cause if i joined in March and its november that is like 7 or 8 months so almost a year
2013-08-03

They read yyyy-mm-dd

August 3rd, 2013

3 months, 12 days. Not 8 months...

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 11/15/2013, 10:44 am

Lina wrote:
ThunderTheW0lf wrote:Well haven't i been on the server long enough though cause i registered on the forums like the 2nd day i was on the server and that was a long time ago and i have looked everywhere and i am seeing like 3-5 different amount of time u need to play on the server so i was just going with what i felt was correct.
ThunderTheW0lf wrote:I mean 8 months is a long time almost a year cause if i joined in March and its november that is like 7 or 8 months so almost a year
2013-08-03

They read yyyy-mm-dd

August 3rd, 2013

3 months, 12 days. Not 8 months...
Thunder. read. Pay attention to Lina. She's got the smarticles!

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 on 11/15/2013, 3:14 pm

I don't mean to be mean, but i think you should wait till another 7 months before you apply for vet.

TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 11/19/2013, 6:03 pm

Let me put it this way. Rather than ask around for the minimum time necessary for you to apply for vet, just look to the vets we have active now. Keep in mind, time isnt the ONLY thing that counts towards your getting vet, its how helpful and active and genuinely THERE that get you a position. Not time on the server alone. Ive been a little busy the past few weeks and havent gotten on a whole lot, so i feel i cant really judge you on this, but take this post into consideration.

However, Thunder, from what i've seen you are very helpful and active in chat, so Im not trying to knock you at all, just offer up a little wisdom. As everyone else said, just wait a while.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 11/19/2013, 6:32 pm

First of all i was just asking what you guys think i should do and wasnt expecting such rude comments.

Well i dont really think it should be time that plays a factor in getting vet (everywhere in the forums it says 4-6 months is plenty of time to be on to apply) and i think it should be active and helpful which i am both

how many times have i reported major griefs and answered questions while everyone is busy playing their minigames, how many times have i took time out of my day just to come online to assist with grief patrol (and yes i check alot of towns every day im online for griefs), how many times have i been asked to help with lots of things like helping someone build a house or help someone set up a shop,

Im sorry if im offending you guys but i have a very crappy last 2 weeks so i am not in the best of moods right now

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyChick07 on 11/19/2013, 10:02 pm

I never meant my comment to be rude . You said to leave suggestions. I was suggesting that you weren't exactly ready . I never meant for it to offend you in any way. I believe everyone else didnt mean to offend you either but were basically saying their suggestion. Hopefully you understand now.<3

LovelyChick07
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/19/2013, 10:23 pm

LovelyChick07 wrote:I never meant my comment to be rude . You said to leave suggestions. I was suggesting that you weren't exactly ready . I never meant for it to offend you in any way. I believe everyone else didnt mean to offend you either but were basically saying their suggestion. Hopefully you understand now.<3
^
You asked a question, people gave their answers. No one was rude about it at all. An answer not matching what you want to hear doesn't make it rude. I think you should take Gweedo's advice from the music thread and think about what you say before you say it.

You got your answers, thread locked.
If you're afraid of constructive feedback that isn't 100% positive, I don't know what to tell you.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top