Portable Horses information 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portable Horses information 101

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/20/2013, 11:57 pm

Ok so i can tell a lot of you are having trouble understanding the portable horses plugin so i will give you a brief tutorial on them

Information about the plugin: so basically this plugin allows you to store a horse in your inventory or a chest. Which means you can have a horse in for example the desert biome and want to move it to the plains, you can put the horse in your inventory then warp to the plains and place the horse down without losing anything equipped on the horse. If you place a name tag and barding (horse armor) on it and attach the portable horse saddle all you do is remove the saddle and the horse is saved to the saddle along with the barding and name but however once you attach the saddle to a horse it CANNOT EVER BE REMOVED, it will be forever attached to the horse so use them carefully. This plugin was added due to the increasing number of horses being killed by greifers

Crafting: to craft a portable horse saddle: to craft you need the following items: 8 enderpearls, and a regular saddle

Step 1) get the required materials

Step 2) go to a crafting table

Step 3) place the 8 enderpearls in the crafting table the same way you craft a furnace or chest and place the saddle in the middle

Step 4) you now have a portable horse saddle

Placing on the horse

Procedure) you place the saddle on the horse the same way as a normal saddle but to make the horse portable you have to remove the saddle off the horse and the horse disappears into the saddle along with barding (horse armor) if they are attached to the horse so you can transport the armor as well. You can now transport your horse anyway and store it in a chest if you wish

I hope this tutorial helps you understand how the saddles work and if you have any more questions post the question in the comments below and i will answer them as fast as possible.

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portable Horses information 101

Post by Xhoblophone on 10/21/2013, 7:53 am

Good tutorial, good on you for mentioning that only one horse can be used per saddle, I didn't know that, until after I'd done it.Cool

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 10/21/2013, 2:39 pm

Also, if you try to place the horse in a protected area, such as spawn, it will not work, but you will not lose your portable horse.  That is something you forgot to add.  Also, in the procedure paragraph, you said that the horse disappears into the saddle along with the barding, but you forgot to say that if the horse is named, the name also stays with it.

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, just thought that should be fixed.  After all, this is a tutorial, so you would want to get everything correct.  But other than that, great tutorial, I know I needed some help with figuring this out and I am sure quite a few others will too!  It is nice of you to help out everyone with this tutorial!

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/21/2013, 8:59 pm

Oh come on give me some sort of break i spent two hours typing this up and trying to post this. its hard to say everything about the plugin with this being a big plugin. And for the record i spelt everything that way because some people cant read txt talk and i knew some people would complain if i made to many grammar mistakes

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/21/2013, 9:00 pm

And for the record emer, the name and barding part is mentioned in the information

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top