madscientist032
Leagle
Krazo
Heisenberg
Revilo410
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

iPhone - 5S or 5C? Empty iPhone - 5S or 5C?

Post by Revilo410 9/10/2013, 3:17 pm

Well just a few hours ago Apple revealed the two latest iPhones to replace the iPhone 5, the 5S and the 5C. They are both better than the iPhone 5 despite the rumors that the 5C would have less features than the 5. 

The iPhone 5S incorporates a new Fingerprint ID sensor built into the home button which can replace passwords to unlock your device and confirm purchases.
iPhone - 5S or 5C? Manuel-iPhone-5S
Also, the iPhone 5S features a new A7 chip which is faster and uses less battery than the previous A6 chip in the iPhone 5. Not only this but the iPhone 5S comes in black, white and gold and has a new 12 mega pixel iSight camera, as well as HD video playback.
iPhone - 5S or 5C? Gold_iphone_5s_other_mockup

So, that's the iPhone 5S.

The iPhone 5C standing for iPhone 5 COLOUR (Or cheap) is the new, colourful version of the iPhone 5. It has the same A6 chip as the iPhone 5 but uses less battery and run slightly quicker due to other hardware changes. It also has HD Graphics for video playback however only features an eight mega pixel camera. The iPhone 5C comes in red, blue, white, green and yellow and also features a variety of different coloured, Apple produced cases.

The iPhone 5C features all the features of the iPhone 5 including an improved version of Siri. (This is also present in the iPhone 5C)

iPhone - 5S or 5C? Color_green_blue_ipad_l

Both the iPhone 5C and 5S will run iOS 7, the new improved operating system for Apple devices. It will feature better multitasking, better Siri, better navigation and a new simple design.

iPhone - 5S or 5C? Ios7-130610-1

So. If you buy Apple devices at all. What will you buy?

Well atm the only thing to make you buy the 5C is the fact that it comes in nice colours, but I haven't told you the clincher yet.

The iPhone 5C current price is 99$ compared to the 199$ for the 5S. This is a contracted price, not for the handset alone. But the iPhone 5C will be MUCH cheaper than the 5S even when only purchasing the handset unlocked(About £709 for the 5S and £500 for the 5C)

So, any opinions?

iPhone - 5S or 5C? Hero_mba_11

iPhone - 5S or 5C? Forward_hero_mba_11

Last edited by revilo410 on 9/10/2013, 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

iPhone - 5S or 5C? Empty Re: iPhone - 5S or 5C?

Post by Heisenberg 9/10/2013, 3:21 pm

I think there's better phones for much cheaper prices.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 9/10/2013, 3:23 pm

Taccy wrote:I think there's better phones for much cheaper prices.
Android.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 9/10/2013, 3:31 pm

Krazo wrote:
Taccy wrote:I think there's better phones for much cheaper prices.
Android.
I would have said that up until now, for me the iPhone 5C clinches the title of best phone for a decent price. (Apple is expensive, but I prefer their phones (I have used android phones, I just dont particularly like them))
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 9/10/2013, 3:39 pm

Both are shit.
End of story.
Move along people.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 9/10/2013, 3:58 pm

Harsh. Lol, any Apple lovers out there?
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 9/10/2013, 6:19 pm

revilo410 wrote:Harsh. Lol, any Apple lovers out there?
Meh, she's an alright T+, but I wouldn't go that far.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 9/10/2013, 6:30 pm

Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave...
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet 9/10/2013, 6:33 pm

Can't beat an old Nokia.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 9/10/2013, 8:46 pm

My contract is up for renewal next month, been using a IP4 for the last 2 years, have to say, it's served me much better than the Droid it replaced. Not saying that the Apple product is better, or the Android product is worse, but the IP4 has suited my needs just fine until now. Will be upgrading to a 5S with a bigger hard drive.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by flomzilla 9/10/2013, 9:00 pm

Apple hate incoming:
1st: Don't say you don't like androids and you've used them before. have you used the 100s of phones running android? all of them? really?
2nd: you don't need a superman phone, the processing power is puny compared to a desktop of comparable price.
3rd: If you want to spend $500 on a phone, why not just shell out the extra $200 for a superior product? or why not just get a Nexus because better?
4th: Apple innovated cell phones and popularized touchscreens as well as IPS technology. Google marketed this technology and then won.
5th: I don't like tax. I don't like apple. why pay the apple tax?
6th: If it makes calls, it's a phone. why do we need to spend $500 on a phone? If i need computational power, I have a PC. (don't say phones are personal computers. flomrage will ensue.)
flomzilla
flomzilla
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet 9/10/2013, 10:34 pm

flomzilla wrote:Apple hate incoming:
1st: Don't say you don't like androids and you've used them before. have you used the 100s of phones running android? all of them? really?
2nd: you don't need a superman phone, the processing power is puny compared to a desktop of comparable price.
3rd: If you want to spend $500 on a phone, why not just shell out the extra $200 for a superior product? or why not just get a Nexus because better?
4th: Apple innovated cell phones and popularized touchscreens as well as IPS technology. Google marketed this technology and then won.
5th: I don't like tax. I don't like apple. why pay the apple tax?
6th: If it makes calls, it's a phone. why do we need to spend $500 on a phone? If i need computational power, I have a PC. (don't say phones are personal computers. flomrage will ensue.)
1. People have the right to their opinions, they can dislike Androids just like you dislike iPhones.

2. Some people will do more with their phone than others.

3. Some people have disposable income.

4. "Won" is subjective. You can't truly win if the other is still on the market.

5. You pay taxes on buying a phone regardless.

6. You more or less restated number 2. See that response.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/10/2013, 10:42 pm

Dumb-phone is best phone
iPhone - 5S or 5C? 60900_z_1
(my phone huehuehuehue)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame 9/10/2013, 11:51 pm

I think the 5c was a good idea, because it is cheaper, but the 5s gold is very pretty.
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 9/11/2013, 7:31 am

Didsomebodysaymegapixels?

I use my phone for photography and calling mostly, and music. Having to pay for my bills with my allownce I don't tend to go crazy.

If I'm upgrading I want 12 megapixels, shit do you know how much quality that is @A@
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 9/11/2013, 11:11 am

Kyorgtea wrote:I want 12 megapixels
Now you just need to decide what colour you want your iPhone 5S in XD

Gold, white or black (Newly themed as Space Grey)

(That is if you want an iphone ;n;)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vitality96 9/11/2013, 12:29 pm

Kyorgtea wrote:Didsomebodysaymegapixels?

I use my phone for photography and calling mostly, and music. Having to pay for my bills with my allownce I don't tend to go crazy.

If I'm upgrading I want 12 megapixels, shit do you know how much quality that is @A@
> using a inferior sensor for photography
> caring 'bout pixels

omg mary, waterudoin?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-18-55mm-VR-Lens-Kit/dp/B004U4UHTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378916960&sr=8-1&keywords=Nikon+D5100

Thank me later.

Also, is there even a shutter/ISO setting in iOS?

Last edited by vitality96 on 9/11/2013, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
vitality96
vitality96
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by vitality96 9/11/2013, 12:42 pm

Oliver, ask yourself "do I really need a new phone? or do I just want to be hip with those bright colors and gold-priced-aluminium"

The answer is probably no.

If you really do want to get a new phone, don't get an Apple

>inb4 apple h8ter hurrrr

Apple's plan with the 5C is to get more people into the high-walled garden they call their "ecosystem". More people with iphones = more apps sold = $$$

let's not even get started on the laughing matter that the 5C design is. It's a intentionally retarded design so people don't confuse the people with premium iPhones with the ones that bought the cheap iPhone.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Cubot-GT99-4-5-Inch-HD-Screen-MTK6589-Quad-Core-Smartphone-1GB-4GB-12-0MP-Camera-Android-4-2-OS-with-3G-GPS-Black-316504.html?COLLCC=390280291&

^ that phone makes calls, just werks, is quad core and has a HD screen, has 1 Jeebee of RAM and them sweet, sweet 12 megapixels for the people who care about that number at all.

Almost ALL phones come out of the same factory, only the label they put on it in the end is what makes it expensive. Also, Apple uses the company that uses child labor, doesn't pay their employees and has the highest suicide rate (guess why) in the world. If you care about that stuff, consider this.

Oh god this is getting a bit long. You pay 147 лв upfront. But enjoy paying 75% of that price every month for 2 years just because it's made by apple.

Last edited by vitality96 on 9/11/2013, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
vitality96
vitality96
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by vitality96 9/11/2013, 12:49 pm

Now, the technical reply.

"The iPhone 5S incorporates a new Fingerprint ID sensor built into the home button which can replace passwords to unlock your device and confirm purchases."

Enjoy being part of the NSA database of fingerprints. And enjoy having all of your iCloud files and basically everything you do on your iPhone in the NSA's hands. Apple makes it easier to collect data on so many people it's not even funny.

"Also, the iPhone 5S features a new A7 chip which is faster and uses less battery than the previous A6 chip in the iPhone 5. Not only this but the iPhone 5S comes in black, white and gold and has a new 12 mega pixel iSight camera, as well as HD video playback."

It's a 64-bit CPU so it will introduce an emulation layer because the OS and the apps were meant to be run on ARM (grim may call me out on this one because he is more knowledgeable).

"Well atm the only thing to make you buy the 5C is the fact that it comes in nice colours, but I haven't told you the clincher yet.

The iPhone 5C current price is 146 лв compared to the 293 лв for the 5S. This is a contracted price, not for the handset alone. But the iPhone 5C will be MUCH cheaper than the 5S even when only purchasing the handset unlocked(About 1 650 лв for the 5S and 1 164 лв for the 5C)"

refer to my previous reply.

"Both the iPhone 5C and 5S will run iOS 7, the new improved operating system for Apple devices. It will feature better multitasking, better Siri, better navigation and a new simple design."

>apple maps

ohboyherewego.jpg

also, Google Now is the Android version of Siri and it's more feature-rich and doesn't require me talking to your phone like a creep.
vitality96
vitality96
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 9/11/2013, 2:16 pm

The whole fingerprint thing doesn't matter to me, Gov't already has multiple records of my fingerprints from DoD security clearances, my concealed weapon permit application, and every airport I've ever worked at since 1997 also has my prints in ink.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 9/11/2013, 2:29 pm

Well vit that was a lot of replies haha. I believe that everyone has an opinion so I can't take that away from you. I personally prefer the GUI of an iPhone compared to an Android device. Yes, Apple is very over priced but you are paying for the brand like you pay for a Super Dry T-Shirt. The world is converting to "Simple" and "Flat" technology. All previous icons and website designs are going from complex HD graphics to solid colours and 2D designs. This is happening very quickly and Apple are trying to get in with the trends of colour and simplicity (5C) and the people who still want the "stylish" complex version (5S). I personally like the design of the 5C purly because it looks nice.

I completely see all you points of view though, this topic is very "point-of-viewish", haters gonna hate. Oh, and I also want to pick up on the finger print problem. Apple say (not me) that the storage of the finger print is 100% secure, apparently the data is NOT backed up over iCloud and CANNOT be accessed by any software other than Touch ID.

Also lots of you saying "Why pay that, I can make a computer to that and have a cheap phone for calling", what companies are trying to do these days are to combine everything. Eventually laptops and desktop PCs will be made redundant by phones. They will all become tablets and these tablets will keep shrinking until they are phone sized. The idea of having a phone which is a HD camera, laptop, secure storage area, plane ticket and boarding pass and so much more is what Apple, Android and all the other companies are aiming for.

This is all my own opinions and I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with me, I actually like hearing all the people who disagree as well because it helps me think in new different ways. I do agree with what a lot of you say.

[EDIT]

Also Vit you said do I really need a new phone, well actually yes, mine is completely broken. I have an iPod touch 4th gen so I don't have siri etc. I prefer the music playing quality of iPods and the fact that I can use iTunes so it would be a better idea for me to use an iPhone, instead of an iPod and a different phone. And considering the iPhone 5C might be quite cheap in the UK (Final prices in £ arent released yet) it might be nice to have the new OS for Apple and a phone which does all the stuff of my iPod.
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vitality96 9/11/2013, 3:31 pm

revilo410 wrote:Apple say (not me) that the storage of the finger print is 100% secure, apparently the data is NOT backed up over iCloud and CANNOT be accessed by any software other than Touch ID.
That actually means nothing coming out of Apple. It's the same company that was caught in bed with the NSA (AKA PRISM) and is still denying it.

Privacy or Apple. Choose one.

I value my privacy so I am not going to be the one that is going to sign it's death certificate by getting an Apple product. Ever. I run a custom ROM stripped off of Google and Samsung spyware. I control the permissions of Google's apps on my phone too and don't upload my valuables to any American company's servers. Everything that is of value to me and/or is sensitive information is stored locally.

And yes, I wear a tinfoil hat.
vitality96
vitality96
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 9/11/2013, 4:32 pm

So, uh,

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 9/18/2013, 11:12 pm

I pre-ordered the iPhone 5C, Cuz I haven't upgraded since my first wittle baby iPhone3GS. XD  I just hang on to my phone until its iOS goes obsolete. As in like, I can't update the OS.
P.S.
Fisher Price: My First iPhone :P

Edit:
Reading the other posts, I can just say.
I like trains. Nuff said.

Last edited by jandavey on 9/18/2013, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trains. Yes. Trains is a good reason for editing.)

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo 9/19/2013, 10:48 am

I have an iPhone 4 and it does everything I need it to. good Internet access,got tumblr and YouTube, so I don't really see a need to get a new phone.
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next