Need Help Making XP Farm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help Making XP Farm

Post by _Zeira_ on 7/29/2013, 9:00 pm

I have several spawners in world 2 and would like to turn them into XP farms. Thing is I have never done it.....especially in survival. I have a zombie, a skeleton and two spider spawners. Im mostly interested in the zombie and skeleton spawners.

What I would like to know is if anyone with knowledge of how to make an XP farm would assist me. You can come by and look and see if it is something you would be able to do if you would like. Cords are Below for the Zombie Spawner.

Zombie Spawner
X: 260
Y: 28
Z: 1456

-Thank you all!

_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need Help Making XP Farm

Post by Grimtongue on 7/31/2013, 10:45 am

Before I say anything, here is an excellent tutorial on exp farms:

I've built a lot of xp farms on Oasis, so I'm familiar with what does and does not work on the server.  One problem with any exp farm is the spawn rate can be really slow if you don't make a large-enough spawn chamber.  The farm in this video works on Oasis very well (extremely well for skeletons).

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ on 7/31/2013, 11:36 am

That is one of the videos that I watched and seems to be the best so far. I think im going to tackle it this weekend. May ask you to some inspect my work. :P

_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue on 8/1/2013, 10:38 pm

_Zeira_ wrote:That is one of the videos that I watched and seems to be the best so far. I think im going to tackle it this weekend. May ask you to some inspect my work. :P

I'd be happy to take a look, just send me a mail in-game, it's the best way to reach me when there's lots of chat.

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ on 8/2/2013, 2:00 pm

Grimtongue wrote:
_Zeira_ wrote:That is one of the videos that I watched and seems to be the best so far. I think im going to tackle it this weekend. May ask you to some inspect my work. :P

I'd be happy to take a look, just send me a mail in-game, it's the best way to reach me when there's lots of chat.

Thanks for coming by and fixing the skelly spawner for me. It never would have occurred to me that the ladder was blocking them. 

Do you know if the same design will work for spiders? Im wondering how many blocks they take up, ill be researching today.

_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top