snowninja845
DialupConnection
Kevo235
15 posters

Go down

Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Empty Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES

Post by Kevo235 7/12/2013, 5:33 am

Oasis Curve Fever 2 Tournament

Ladies and Gentlemen! Kevo235 here to announce this tournament idea but i'm sure you all want me to cut to the chase about the prizes first! There will be a total of $50 in steam games prizes funded by me, to the winners of the tournament. Here's the deal though, IT'S FREE! That's right! You don't even need to pay any money or anything to sign up, it's all free. We're going to have a blast but obviously i'm not doing this for no oasis-related reason! It's going to be a fundraiser for Oasis so that we have ample donations money to pay for the server and any future potential upgrades! Show Oasis some love. Hell, even if you just watch the livestream that i'll have up, that'd be some cool support for us!

You're probably wondering what Curve Fever 2 even is. Well, it's this highly addictive game that is basically based around the game snake. If you haven't heard of it, i'll post a video later that should show you what it is. I'll formulate the details as we get closer to the date of the tournament, which at the moment is next Sunday at 6pm EST, if the schedule goes as planned, and will continue until the last game is over.

At the moment, i'm looking for people that are interested in the idea and want to sign up, i'll give more details as they come up, but i'm really just trying to see what kind of feedback I get from this. I think it'd be super-fun and exciting!

So, in order to recap the major points so far, i'm holding a tournament for a game called Curve Fever 2 which will have a total of $50 in steam game prizes (and the summer sale's on, so that will get a LOT of value out of the money earned) on Sunday, July 21st, at 6pm EST. It's also a donation fundraiser and it'd be cool if some people donated during the games/before them c:

I'll also be holding a livestream in the tournament so you don't miss any of the action >:]

Here's a Video of what Curve Fever 2 is in a nut-shell! It's a free game, so if you want, you can get your practice in before the tournament!

Basically, it's a free-for-all game where you control a colored line with Left and Right arrows (which are changeable) and try to be the last one to run to the edge of the map, or someone else's line!.

There are, however, temporary powerups that you can get in the rounds. Green ones effect you, Red ones effect everyone but you, and Blue ones effect everyone They are:

Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_blue_eraserThe Eraser (Blue), which removes all of the lines off of the map
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_green_flyVoid (Green), which lets you go through any lines for a certain amount of time.
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_green_slowOasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_red_slowThe Turtle (Green/Red), which slows down the lines
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_red_speedOasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_green_speedThe Lightning Bolt (Green/Red], which speeds everyone up
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_red_reverseThe Reverse controls (Red), reverses everyone else's controls
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_red_fatThe Thickener (Red), which makes everyone else's lines thicker
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_blue_puPowerups(Blue), makes a lot of powerups appear!
Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Pu_blue_wallTraverse Wall(Blue), makes it so all players can go through the outer wall and appear on the opposite side!

Currently accepting all applications if you're serious about being there and have teamspeak. I'll leave a list or something somewhere after a few days if this goes through! :D

Curve Fever 2 Tourney Application

Minecraft Name:
Why do you want to play ;D:
Think you'll be there?:
Do you have Teamspeak?:

Last edited by Kevo235 on 7/15/2013, 3:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Empty Re: Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES

Post by DialupConnection 7/12/2013, 5:38 am

Minecraft Name:  Sovietboy9 monkyboy9
Why do you want to play: To win glory for the Great Soviet Motherland  Cuz it looks fun.
Think you'll be there?: Only if I'm not drinking vodka Totes
Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes. Yes

Last edited by monkyboy9 on 7/12/2013, 5:41 am; edited 2 times in total
DialupConnection
DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Empty Re: Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES

Post by snowninja845 7/12/2013, 5:39 am

Minecraft Name: Snowninja845
Why do you want to play ;D:Well I played this before hand multiple times with people from the server and I think it would be a fun event.
Think you'll be there?:Yes my schedule is always clear.
Do you have Teamspeak?:Yes.

snowninja845
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by xfox922 7/12/2013, 6:06 am

Minecraft Name:xfox922
Why do you want to play ;D:Me
Think you'll be there?:Yes
Do you have Teamspeak?:Si,はい
xfox922
xfox922
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 7/12/2013, 6:59 am

Minecraft Name:  OsgaTharp
Why do you want to play ;D: I like games and it seems fun
Think you'll be there?: Pretty positive
Do you have Teamspeak?: Of course
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by vitality96 7/12/2013, 7:06 am

Minecraft Name:  Vitality96
Why do you want to play ;D: The game looks fun
Think you'll be there?: 99% sure
Do you have Teamspeak?: Yeah
vitality96
vitality96
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by artismarti 7/12/2013, 7:36 am

Minecraft Name: Artismarti
Why do you want to play ;D: Because....
Think you'll be there?:  Don't think so, I'm buissy with drin.... reading nice storys about a murd... eem hehe, i mean, about a pony :D go ponys go!!!!
Do you have Teamspeak?: No

Not to be mean... but the "think you'll be there?:" is like a rhetorical question, if you post here, it means that you want to come, if your not doing like me (being bored because your PS3 just got pooped up)

Good Luck everybody!!!!!
artismarti
artismarti
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/14/2013, 4:08 am

So far it looks like this will be the plan so if you all want to sign up, we can probably make this happen.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/14/2013, 4:42 am

Minecraft Name: Linkinparkey
Why do you want to play ;D: Because it looks like it could be hilarious to trap and get trapped by other oasians in a snake-like game ;)
Think you'll be there?: It's midnight my time in the holidays, so I should be able to make it... Unless I'm someplace else on an unplanned vacation or at my gf :P
Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Last edited by Linkinparkey on 7/22/2013, 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke_of_the_sea 7/15/2013, 1:52 am

Minecraft Name: Duke_of_the_sea
Why do you want to play ;D: get some games
Think you'll be there?: yep
Do you have Teamspeak?: I'm talkin on it right now
Duke_of_the_sea
Duke_of_the_sea
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ327 7/15/2013, 2:20 am

Minecraft Name: AJ327
Why do you want to play: Have had this game for a while, hella fun!
Think you'll be there?: Why not. :D
Do you have Teamspeak?: On everyday.
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 7/15/2013, 9:25 am

Minecraft Name  Kyorgtea
Why do you want to play ;D : Sounds fun, plus the server could use some more money even though it will go to steam games I'd rather have it go to some of my friends
Think you'll be there? :  hope so
Do you have Teamspeak? : yes sadly
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 7/15/2013, 1:19 pm

Minecraft Name: LordGonk
Why do you want to play: I saw this and tried the game and I love it
Think you'll be there: I'll check and update this I gotta work at this time :/
Do you have teamspeak: Yes

Also, you should all post your usernames so we could get like practice rounds and such together

Last edited by lordgonk on 7/20/2013, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/15/2013, 3:18 pm

Yoo, so Saturday Evening is a no-go because I work =S

I'm off Sunday though, so i'm changing it for Sunday at 6pm, feel free to tell me if you can't make it or anything.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/15/2013, 3:42 pm

Just a suggestion, how about meeting an hour earlier so that people who havn't tried it, can practice a bit before the tournament?
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/15/2013, 4:07 pm

Linkinparkey wrote:Just a suggestion, how about meeting an hour earlier so that people who havn't tried it, can practice a bit before the tournament?

Good idea, i'll try to set that up. Perhaps maybe even a day earlier so they get ample practice? And some mulligan rounds before so we're all up to speed on how it works and such.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/15/2013, 4:25 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Good idea, i'll try to set that up. Perhaps maybe even a day earlier so they get ample practice? And some mulligan rounds before so we're all up to speed on how it works and such.

Sounds good ;)
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by wedell2 7/15/2013, 7:23 pm

I can be a sexy prize ppl get me for a day.

wedell2
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by DialupConnection 7/15/2013, 9:10 pm

wedell2 wrote:I can be a sexy prize ppl get me for a day.

I dunno man, that kind of prize is way to valuable.

OT: Practice rounds before do sound like a good idea.
DialupConnection
DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 7/16/2013, 9:47 am

Kevo235 wrote:Good idea, i'll try to set that up. Perhaps maybe even a day earlier so they get ample practice? And some mulligan rounds before so we're all up to speed on how it works and such.

I can host some Oasis private games for practice tonight. Nothing special really.

The password will be "oasis-mc.us"
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 7/16/2013, 11:27 am

Minecraft Name: Krazo
Why do you want to play ;D: Eh, just for fun.
Think you'll be there?: Probably yes
Do you have Teamspeak?: Yep

Im already parcticing

Oasis Games Tournament: SEXY PRIZES Asj4QOVl

Yes, my name is: Yolo Swaggings And The Fellowship Of The Bling.

I was bored and couldn't think of a better name.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by DialupConnection 7/18/2013, 9:56 pm

Shameless Bump fo' more applications.
DialupConnection
DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by DialupConnection 7/21/2013, 3:47 am

Shameless bump. It's today.
DialupConnection
DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Trifoarce 7/21/2013, 1:24 pm

cant remember app format but
name Trifoarce
why i wanna play: cuz oasis is down and my life is teh sux for it.
teamspeak no
and there was something else... oh well.

Trifoarce
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/21/2013, 6:30 pm

Okay, few notes here. It's being delayed for a week or so because the server is down and only a handful of people showed up.

Hopefully 6pm on Saturday will be when, weird because that's 4 hours after promos too :P

Anyways, teamspeak is a MUST HAVE for this as we have no idea how to coordinate without it. Thanks.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down