Horse Breeding

+2
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
jacopley
6 posters

Go down

Horse Breeding Empty Horse Breeding

Post by jacopley 7/11/2013, 9:27 pm

Can we turn off horse breeding before we have a million horses?  I think horses cause lag when there are a lot of them, since the longer we have horses, the laggier mine seems to get.  I'm not sure if it is the horses, but that's the biggest change I'm aware of, and the mobs are lagging more then the rest of the world (for me at least they are).  Dose anyone know if the horses are the source of the lag or if its server related?  I get the "end of stream" message more often since the update.

-jacopley-
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Horse Breeding Empty Re: Horse Breeding

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/11/2013, 9:33 pm

The horses have nothing to do with the lag. All of the lag we have is due to the host of the server. I am in an area with no mobs what so ever and still lag bad and I mean bad. Hopefully the upgrade tonight will fix this or at least some of the lag.

Edit - If we turn off horse breeding then we should turn off all mobs period. To me it is not fair to only turn off one mob and let these massive mob farms continue. If anything put a limit on the number of mobs allowed in a specific block radius.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/11/2013, 9:49 pm

If we are going to get rid of anything, lets get rid of bats first, because they're worthless, and then squids, because they're only good for detecting a crash, then maybe get rid of spiders because they're the creepiest things in minecraft, then zombies because they're not worth the effort to kill them, then creepers are nerfed anyway, so why don't we just off them altogether, and finally we can get rid of those pesky villagers that look like squidward.

Basically, there's a million and a half other mobs we should get rid of before horses.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Horse Breeding Empty re-horse breeding

Post by jacopley 7/11/2013, 9:53 pm

I think limiting the number of mobs in a area might help, it will keep the horse farms from getting to big too, I like that idea better.  So like, animals can't breed when there is more then a certain number in an area, but animals can randomly move into these areas?  

-jacopley-
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 7/11/2013, 9:58 pm

I don't see horse farms being more extreme than any of the other farms.
I agree with mick on the bats......they are utterly useless. At least you get ink sacs from squids...
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 7/11/2013, 10:06 pm

jacopley wrote:I think limiting the number of mobs in a area might help, it will keep the horse farms from getting to big too, I like that idea better.  So like, animals can't breed when there is more then a certain number in an area, but animals can randomly move into these areas?  

-jacopley-

Okay, I was on another server and they limited the number of mobs one person can have. For instance - I would only be able to have 10 cows, 10 of each color sheep, 10 pigs and 10 chickens. But they would have to be in a big enough pen that they didn't run into each other. A minimum of 16x16 pen works for each type of mob. The sheep of course would get a one pen for each color (16 floor towers work the best). If we limit the horses to this stipulation - only allowed to have 10 horses - this all would help with the lag.

Last edited by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe on 7/11/2013, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Horse Breeding Empty re-horse breeding

Post by jacopley 7/11/2013, 10:23 pm

I like this idea
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 7/11/2013, 11:26 pm

mickdude2 wrote:If we are going to get rid of anything, lets get rid of bats first, because they're worthless

** (4em)  completely agree **

, and then squids,

** (4em) NOOOOO **

because they're only good for detecting a crash, then maybe get rid of spiders because they're the creepiest things in minecraft, then zombies because they're not worth the effort to kill them, then creepers are nerfed anyway, so why don't we just off them altogether, and finally we can get rid of those pesky villagers that look like squidward.

Basically, there's a million and a half other mobs we should get rid of before horses.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 7/12/2013, 12:22 am

First off, mobs dont cause SERVER lag. They cause CLIENT SIDE LAG. What it is, is that your mc client considers ALL MOBS and other things ENTITIES. Entities are rendered (aka created) differently than any other item in game, blocks arent even made like this. The more entities you have, the more lag you will experience. At any one time on the server there is over 2-3k MOBS and some times as high as 4k. We have a plugin that tells us this. 4k entities isnt gonna lag the server cuz its not RENDERED. On the server its just data in memory.

So limiting them will only help your client side lag. Either get a better computer, OR start killing shit! Lol. I can handle a couple hundred mobs with my WAY ANCIENT PC. after 300 i start to see a difference. At any rate, Zeira you have BEAUTIFUL eyes...JS....
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 7/30/2013, 10:35 pm

Lovely way to end a rant. ^
lol
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner