Secondary Server

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Server Poll

28% 28% 
[ 12 ]
9% 9% 
[ 4 ]
16% 16% 
[ 7 ]
12% 12% 
[ 5 ]
19% 19% 
[ 8 ]
16% 16% 
[ 7 ]
 
Total Votes : 43

Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 3:46 pm

As per request of multiple people, as well as having both Paxination, and madscientist032's permisison,  I've considered putting up a permanent server to act as a secondary server for Oasis, however, I'm letting you decide what you want on it; Would you even use it? Suggestions? Some have suggested that I add mods to it and release a client on the forums, either a custom modpack exclusive to Oasis, or it could have FTB, Tekkit, or another modpack.

Your ranks should be carried over onto the server, but some permisisons may be modified slightly.

Leave your thoughts down there,  and thanks in advance!

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by 4emersons on 6/26/2013, 3:51 pm

I think modded would be nice, but nothing too huge and overwhelming like ftb. (I have not played tekkit or much other mods to know much about them). I I think pvp would be nice, but I don't like that a lot of people would probably focus on just going around and tearing others apart while they are trying to do some complicated stuff with whatever the mods has.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2073
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 17
Location : Minnesota, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 3:54 pm

I see where you're coming from, but I could make it more or less a wilderness, have PVP enabled there. You could really just choose whether or not to stay with a town, or to stay hidden in the wilderness. The mods I get if the server is modded, will more than likely focus more on getting a team together rather than competing to get on top of everyone.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Guest on 6/26/2013, 4:04 pm

We'd need more staff, unless you have that covered...
I personally wouldn't use it much since I'm tied to the main server and I don't like using mods much, but some people would, especially if pvp is enabled.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 4:05 pm

I've got a few people I'm giving staff ranks, but we may need a few staff to periodically check in with it.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Thestig_1010 on 6/26/2013, 4:13 pm

I personally think that FTB or tekkit would be amazing (but with no PVP). I would use that server quite a bit. Although, we would need a way to keep people from greifing, even though most of the people joining would be able to be trusted.

Thestig_1010
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-05-03
Age : 15
Location : Southern California, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 4:14 pm

Thestig_1010 wrote:I personally think that FTB or tekkit would be amazing (but with no PVP). I would use that server quite a bit. Although, we would need a way to keep people from greifing, even though most of the people joining would be able to be trusted.
Someone suggested that it should only be trusted and up able to join, however I don't think it should. Still really debating on it.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Heisenberg on 6/26/2013, 4:21 pm

If its a smaller server I say FTB, as A) It's different to the current Oasis (We already have PvP and games on the main server, I don't think people would leave that just to play on a smaller server) and B) FTB servers tend to be small anyway.

I played FTB round a friends house once, it rewards teamwork and cooperation greatly, but also has a whole variety of Griefing tools that can bypass protections and other things. Because of this I suggest a whitelist of people who really want to play together and play. It also means that since, I assume, they'll be a smaller max player amount, every slot goes to valued players, not random guests.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 19
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Kevo235 on 6/26/2013, 4:21 pm

Either modded, or PVP, but mostly modded. I honestly think PVP does not belong on the Oasis-SMP server, and rather we should have a totally different one if we even have one at all. Also, a modded server like tekkit or whatever would be cool, even though i'd personally never play it, I think a lot of people would appreciate that. In the end, i'm about 60% yes for this; I wouldn't go out of MY way to make it happen, even though I do think it'd be a cool change.

Also having some sort of chat link between them (if possible) would be cool as well Cool

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3227
Join date : 2011-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by BiggJ1939 on 6/26/2013, 4:24 pm

I'm pretty open to anything :) I wouldn't mind FTB, but i think a creative server would be great :) with some restrictions so people dont crash it all the time. Also a survival games server would be fun :) you could mix the SG and creative so we can have new arena every week :)

But thats just my thoughts on the matter :)

BiggJ1939
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-05-07
Age : 25
Location : South Carolina

View user profile http://unexpecteddesign.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 4:27 pm

Taccy wrote:If its a smaller server I say FTB, as A) It's different to the current Oasis (We already have PvP and games on the main server, I don't think people would leave that just to play on a smaller server) and B) FTB servers tend to be small anyway.

I played FTB round a friends house once, it rewards teamwork and cooperation greatly, but also has a whole variety of Griefing tools that can bypass protections and other things. Because of this I suggest a whitelist of people who really want to play together and play. It also means that since, I assume, they'll be a smaller max player amount, every slot goes to valued players, not random guests.
It will have around 30 slots. It can still handle a lot of people, just can't be 24/7 since it's on my Desktop. If I had it 24/7 It'd heat me entire house 5 degrees above normal within a few days. Does it to my room within 12 hours. I thought of making a custom modpack since I'm getting into making mods.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 4:31 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Either modded, or PVP, but mostly modded. I honestly think PVP does not belong on the Oasis-SMP server, and rather we should have a totally different one if we even have one at all. Also, a modded server like tekkit or whatever would be cool, even though i'd personally never play it, I think a lot of people would appreciate that. In the end, i'm about 60% yes for this; I wouldn't go out of MY way to make it happen, even though I do think it'd be a cool change.

Also having some sort of chat link between them (if possible) would be cool as well Cool
I suppose your right, but I didn't want it to depend heavily on PVP. It would rely more or less on teamwork, I could somehow find ways to balance the teams relying on PVP to get further and people working together. The PVPing players would more than likely be smaller than the ones cooperating with people trying to advance further, so it'd be easier for them to pick off smaller raids.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 4:33 pm

BiggJ1939 wrote:I'm pretty open to anything :) I wouldn't mind FTB, but i think a creative server would be great :) with some restrictions so people dont crash it all the time. Also a survival games server would be fun :) you could mix the SG and creative so we can have new arena every week :)

But thats just my thoughts on the matter :)
Well, I can't put many restrictions to stop crashing besides specific blocks that are crashing, it's hard to pin down all of those issues, and some are just improperly programmed mods. It would be a while before we get rid of all of the issues with it crashing.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by 4emersons on 6/26/2013, 5:27 pm

once this gets up, if you need more staff, I could help with the probs.  I have been staff on the 1 other server that I have played on and I was handling the greifs and troubles and stuff quite fine. so just halla if you would like me to help that way.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2073
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 17
Location : Minnesota, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by mickdude2 on 6/26/2013, 5:41 pm

I'll build another spawn!

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by _Zeira_ on 6/26/2013, 5:55 pm

Ill help mick. ^^^

I dont know how hard it would be to do, but could you do it on a rotation. FTB for a while, then a creative and such. switch it out every few months or so? 

Otherwise I think that a creative or survival games server would be fun, though ive never played FTB. So it could be fun....

_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 191
Join date : 2013-04-02
Age : 23
Location : Ga, RedneckVille

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Guest on 6/26/2013, 6:15 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Either modded, or PVP, but mostly modded. I honestly think PVP does not belong on the Oasis-SMP server, and rather we should have a totally different one if we even have one at all. Also, a modded server like tekkit or whatever would be cool, even though i'd personally never play it, I think a lot of people would appreciate that. In the end, i'm about 60% yes for this; I wouldn't go out of MY way to make it happen, even though I do think it'd be a cool change.

Also having some sort of chat link between them (if possible) would be cool as well Cool

To be honest, this was my first thought reading this thread, but I didn't think anyone would follow it:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 6:32 pm

_Zeira_ wrote:Ill help mick. ^^^

I dont know how hard it would be to do, but could you do it on a rotation. FTB for a while, then a creative and such. switch it out every few months or so? 

Otherwise I think that a creative or survival games server would be fun, though ive never played FTB. So it could be fun....
While I actually like that idea, I'd also like more of an anchored map, because I planned on doing a lot of things with Computercraft if we do FTB or Tekkit, as it seems there's more a majority wanting a modded server. Depends on what Oasis wants. I'll need to host a proper poll with all of the suggestions once I'm ready. It can be easily done though.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Heisenberg on 6/26/2013, 6:46 pm

How about Voltz PvP? Missiles n shiz.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 19
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 7:08 pm

Taccy wrote:How about Voltz PvP? Missiles n shiz.
As I explained to Kevo, I don't think they want that much a PVP heavy server, and then I put Voltz in it, one griefer with xray gets hold of a few nukes, there really isn't a map left, not to mention if he finds someone with antimatter.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by mickdude2 on 6/26/2013, 8:29 pm

XxLegendxX98 wrote:
Taccy wrote:How about Voltz PvP? Missiles n shiz.
As I explained to Kevo, I don't think they want that much a PVP heavy server, and then I put Voltz in it, one griefer with xray gets hold of a few nukes, there really isn't a map left, not to mention if he finds someone with antimatter.

How about we have a whitelist on it, and people can only get in if they're members of Oasis first?

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/26/2013, 9:21 pm

mickdude2 wrote:
XxLegendxX98 wrote:
Taccy wrote:How about Voltz PvP? Missiles n shiz.
As I explained to Kevo, I don't think they want that much a PVP heavy server, and then I put Voltz in it, one griefer with xray gets hold of a few nukes, there really isn't a map left, not to mention if he finds someone with antimatter.

How about we have a whitelist on it, and people can only get in if they're members of Oasis first?
Already considering doing that, however all it take is one person. There's been several cases of higher ranked members griefing. But I'm doing a vote on which modpack should be used.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by mickdude2 on 6/26/2013, 9:46 pm

I suggest FTB

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by 4emersons on 6/26/2013, 10:16 pm

FTB sounds fun, but I think I would be too overwhelmed by so much stuff that I wouldn't play on it. I would try it for sure, but I think it would just be too much.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2073
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 17
Location : Minnesota, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secondary Server

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/27/2013, 12:18 am

Exactly my thoughts. I don't want too much of an overwhelming mod, keep simple mods that you can do a lot of things with, like ComputerCraft, maybe TInker's Construct? A few that add more building blocks, it'll take a lot more planning than that though. Those are some things off the top of my head, the mods will need to work together and balance each other out.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 133
Join date : 2010-11-18
Age : 17
Location : United States, Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum