Why are you a fan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are you a fan?

Post by egl on 4/20/2013, 2:07 pm

Hello forum users and fellow minecrafters,

I posted this on the Minecraft Forums as well, but I wanted to have the opinions of a closer knit community like the one I've seen on Oasis. So, ...

I'm currently taking a class that studies fans and fan culture and we've been tasked with writing a 10-12 page paper on a specific fan group that is outside of the US or is international. I decided that the best example of an international fan group I can think of is Minecraft fans. Therefore, I'm asking for a bit of your help.

All I need from you is the answer to this question: Why are you a fan of Minecraft? This could be the PC edition, Xbox 360 edition, Pocket Edition, single player, multiplayer, creative, survival, etc. What aspect of minecraft do you like and why?

If you're going to answer, you can optionally leave your name and age; pm me if necessary. This would help me with giving you credit, since I'm most likely going to quote some of you.

If you have comments or questions leave a reply or pm me.

Thank you for your time!

egl
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why are you a fan?

Post by mickdude2 on 4/20/2013, 2:16 pm

Yes, yes I am.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by egl on 4/20/2013, 3:07 pm

mickdude2 wrote:

Yes, yes I am.

Expected and still funny. So minecraft fans have good, albeit a bit corny, humor. :)

Any serious responses?

egl
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbeylw on 4/20/2013, 3:55 pm

...I didn't choose to be a fan... Fan life chose me.

Abbeylw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 4/20/2013, 4:44 pm

I'm a fan for the community. Seriously, minecrafters are some of the coolest people I've ever met and I've learned a lot from them, surprisingly enough.

Name: Cornelius B. Fenklestein

Last edited by Kevo235 on 4/21/2013, 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/20/2013, 6:05 pm

Minecraft never really "ends" like a lot of games do... survival goes on forever... and theres always something else you can build that hasn't been done yet. The game is centered a lot on artwork and invention. Before Oasis, I was addicted to single player modes for a while.

It's not one of those games reliant on some repetitive colorful cash shop that drains your real life bank account and charges you for extra content and party quests, so that only snotty brats with access to their parent's credit cards can have any fun or say in anything. Or one bent on the trade/sale of hacked OP equips for real life money. Or one where only people with said equips are considered "useful" or "good". Or overrun by spammy 12's because the staff is too incompetent to do anything or just doesn't care enough to. I don't know very much about other mc servers, but MC on Oasis has been my best online game experience.

edit: forgot to put name and age *facebrick*
name: Angelina

Last edited by Lina on 4/20/2013, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 on 4/20/2013, 8:46 pm

Kevo235 wrote:I'm a fan for the community. Seriously, minecrafters are some of the coolest people I've ever met and I've learned a lot from them, surprisingly enough.

Not to mention a lot more mature, You cannot go onto a Call Of Duty game, Without expecting immature 10 year old children claiming they had sexual intercourse with your mother and saying you're a homosexual. Minecraft has gone from just a game where you walk and place blocks, To food & signs, To Sprinting, Potions, Bosses, Redstone contraptions and even mini games! It makes the most of those with creativity. People often say that one is a child for playing Minecraft, But you cannot play on a server without being warned if you do something plain wrong.

Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muskie_boy1 on 4/20/2013, 9:58 pm

Name: mason

I am interested in minecraft because it never ends really it can never hat boring because there is always something to do that's my answer I hope it helps you out

muskie_boy1
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum