XP grinder/spawner question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

XP grinder/spawner question.

Post by Wiggilz on 4/12/2013, 9:36 pm

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask a question about building an xp grinder. I've tried building one and it doesn't seem to work although it does work on single player. I've read on the wiki about the mob spawning behavior but do not really understand it fully.
I built the spawner at max height in the middle of the ocean which is suppose to force all the mobs in a large radius to spawn inside the dark room.(you know what I'm talking about if you've had experience in these devices).

If anyone could explain hostile mob spawning properties to me a little better and how/if I can get one to function in a multiplayer environment.

I am also wondering if using a active spawner would cause problems for the over all monster spawning.Im aware of large redstone structures causing lag by certain design and would avoid its use when it would be an issue(full server). this is my second forum post ever so I haven't included any pictures or anything.
thanks

Wiggilz
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muskie_boy1 on 4/13/2013, 11:25 am

i have also had this same problem on a nother server i think in multiplayer mos dont spawn as often as they do in single player so i am thinking thats is the problem you are having i hope this helps you and if it doesnt then sorry i tried

muskie_boy1
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: XP grinder/spawner question.

Post by Paxination on 4/13/2013, 2:00 pm

Multiplayer behaves differently than singleplayer. Singleplayer, there is only 1 person. And since there is no other players, the spawn rate will be higher since they are not distributed across a map. Multiplayer on the other hand, at any given time there is 2-4k of ALL mobs at any given time. You have to remember there is a limit hardcoded in game and its based on how many players are on and how many of them are near each other. And they are spread across the map. Dark room spawners have never produced a lot of mobs for me on Oasis. We do not nerf the spawn limit on the server.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top