New Ideas For Oasis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Ideas For Oasis

Post by K0730DUCK on 3/31/2013, 10:08 am

My first two ideas are about promos. I have noticed that many people don't get promoted that often while some others, it seems, get promoted monthly. I propose a two to three month "cool-down" (so to speak) for every person who is promoted. Of course there can be exceptions for people who stand out above the rest and perform their duties to the letter month after month.

My second idea is for bi-monthly promos. Or in other words, promos cold be held every other week on whatever day staff decides upon. I feel as if there are not enough chances for outstanding people to be recognized. The reason for this is that if someone does something amazing the day after promos, people have an entire month to forget about it, possibly delaying their much deserved promotion. My first idea would most likely have to be taken into effect for this idea to work properly though or else the same person could be promoted ever 2 weeks.

My third idea does not apply to promos, but I feel would be extremely helpful (if it is possible). This idea applies to world guard and protected areas. I have recently purchased protection over something of mine and have had a friend request to share it with me. I agreed but the protected area doesn't let him do anything in while inside it except walk around. I suggest (again if it is even possible) giving ownership to players over their protected land. This would allow (continuing off of my example) me to give people access to my protected area if I wanted to. This would be beneficial to staff because it would take away a potentially time consuming responsibility of theirs and allow them to focus on more important matters because, in case you haven't noticed, staff has been very busy since the new map update.
That is all for now and I hope you consider my ideas.
-K0730DUCK

K0730DUCK
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ideas For Oasis

Post by Pandaz1 on 3/31/2013, 10:19 am

I like the sound of this idea, But I do not fully understand it? So more or less instead of around the 25th, Also having another promotion around the 15th..? I like the sound of this but it would only probably be for Trusted+'s and not Vet+'s

Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich on 3/31/2013, 10:20 am

First of all, members who get promoted, are exempt from promotions the following month. You cannot get promoted 2 months in a row!

Secondly, only staff gives protection, we do not give that power away.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AttractiveBanana on 3/31/2013, 10:32 am

Not to be rude but I really don't think you understood what DUCK means by the idea of giving ownership to the one in charge of the protected area. He wasn't suggesting that you give players power over world guard, but instead let people who he chooses into his protected area with perms to do so instead of bugging mad, leagle, you, gweedo, etc. for it. It would save time for the entire staff crew. I'm for it, but you are right about promotions since I've already talked to mad about a similar topic and the answer was the same as your's David

AttractiveBanana
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 3/31/2013, 12:10 pm

David is right, we cannot give you powers or what we call perms to world guard, there is no way that I know of to give you powers just for that area, if the perms we gave to the player they would be able to access all world guard items. So I hate to say this but sorry this is never going to happen. This is a staff only power.

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 3/31/2013, 12:20 pm

AttractiveBanana wrote:Not to be rude but I really don't think you understood what DUCK means by the idea of giving ownership to the one in charge of the protected area. He wasn't suggesting that you give players power over world guard, but instead let people who he chooses into his protected area with perms to do so instead of bugging mad, leagle, you, gweedo, etc. for it. It would save time for the entire staff crew. I'm for it, but you are right about promotions since I've already talked to mad about a similar topic and the answer was the same as your's David
2 things.

One, we have reverted back to the old promotions method (I.E one promos every month instead of randomly promoting people)

Two, (and as much as I hate saying this) you guys will have to bug the mods and admins if you need somebody to be added on to a protection list for worldguard. Just like Gweedo said, we cannot and will not give out that power to players. It is strictly staff-only.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebender123 on 3/31/2013, 12:24 pm

I was just thinking, is the old world still there? Or was it deleted? If not, maybe could like trusted and up get to go into it just because, i don't know why, but I just thought of it cause a lot of us have large projects still in work, so maybe we could finish them maybe. (Main reason is because I have a ton of ideas for something's and I can't build them near like Walmart and such) or another idea was to WE some buildings to the new world from the old one.

littlebender123
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea on 3/31/2013, 12:25 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
AttractiveBanana wrote:Not to be rude but I really don't think you understood what DUCK means by the idea of giving ownership to the one in charge of the protected area. He wasn't suggesting that you give players power over world guard, but instead let people who he chooses into his protected area with perms to do so instead of bugging mad, leagle, you, gweedo, etc. for it. It would save time for the entire staff crew. I'm for it, but you are right about promotions since I've already talked to mad about a similar topic and the answer was the same as your's David
2 things.

One, we have reverted back to the old promotions method (I.E one promos every month instead of randomly promoting people)

Two, (and as much as I hate saying this) you guys will have to bug the mods and admins if you need somebody to be added on to a protection list for worldguard. Just like Gweedo said, we cannot and will not give out that power to players. It is strictly staff-only.

THIS

Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AttractiveBanana on 3/31/2013, 1:32 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
2 things.

This is very true, sorry I didn't take that into perspective earlier

AttractiveBanana
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K0730DUCK on 3/31/2013, 3:10 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys. They are only ideas and I knew that the world guard ownership thing was a long shot. I was just trying to make things a bit easier on staff due to recent stress from the new map.

K0730DUCK
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sounds great

Post by muskie_boy1 on 3/31/2013, 4:58 pm

I think this is 3 great ideas that sould be looked into I think it may help a lot

muskie_boy1
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top