Paxination
Heisenberg
bandityogo
TheCliptree
18 posters

Go down

Rules Empty Rules

Post by TheCliptree 2/11/2013, 10:01 am

You know how on the official minecraft trailer it says "With no rules to follow this adventure is up to you" If not go watch it. They say "with no rules to follow" THEN WHY EVERY SINGLE TIME I POP INTO A SERVER THE FIRST THING I SEE IS A WHOLE WALL DEDICATED TO RULES!(Once in a while i see a welcome to the server sign) I bet every single one of you have been in a server where you have to read the rules then go into a room and go through a door with the right answer. I feel like many things that are fun in minecraft are taken away because of rules. I undertand why there are rules, but just sayin.
TheCliptree
TheCliptree
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Rules Empty Re: Rules

Post by bandityogo 2/11/2013, 10:12 am

TheCliptree wrote:You know how on the official minecraft trailer it says "With no rules to follow this adventure is up to you" If not go watch it. They say "with no rules to follow" THEN WHY EVERY SINGLE TIME I POP INTO A SERVER THE FIRST THING I SEE IS A WHOLE WALL DEDICATED TO RULES!(Once in a while i see a welcome to the server sign) I bet every single one of you have been in a server where you have to read the rules then go into a room and go through a door with the right answer. I feel like many things that are fun in minecraft are taken away because of rules. I undertand why there are rules, but just sayin.

there are rules because without them, we would just be savages. picture them as boundaries, they need to be set so we have something to base this community off of
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCliptree 2/11/2013, 10:17 am

Well with no rules to follow we can be savages. If you dont want to be greifed then go far away from spawn then problem solved
TheCliptree
TheCliptree
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 2/11/2013, 10:35 am

TheCliptree wrote:Well with no rules to follow we can be savages. If you dont want to be greifed then go far away from spawn then problem solved

If you don't want to be grief, play on Oasis. If you want to grief, leave. If you play on Oasis you know that you're grief-free (If you do get griefed all damage will be reversed). Players like the fact they're protected, and would prefer protection than the chance to grief other people (Why would you want to anyway?).
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 2/11/2013, 11:29 am

Taccy wrote:
TheCliptree wrote:Well with no rules to follow we can be savages. If you dont want to be greifed then go far away from spawn then problem solved

If you don't want to be grief, play on Oasis. If you want to grief, leave. If you play on Oasis you know that you're grief-free (If you do get griefed all damage will be reversed). Players like the fact they're protected, and would prefer protection than the chance to grief other people (Why would you want to anyway?).

Like he said!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by bober_rus 2/11/2013, 11:52 am

Laws in real life protects your life and your stuff,
rules on server do the same thing.
bober_rus
bober_rus
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 2/11/2013, 2:58 pm

The without rules follow into the adventure refers to the single player part of the game as in there is no story to follow or no wrong or right way to play the game. So have fun playing on single player the way you want. Now going onto someones server that they have paid to have, there is going to be rules. Get used to rules you are going to live and die by them.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by sencezz 2/11/2013, 3:29 pm

Taccy wrote:

i think taccy just won oasis smp.
sencezz
sencezz
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 2/11/2013, 3:30 pm

What you're talking about is an anarchy server, which result from horrible staff who don't care about their players. Essentially, lazy people make anarchy servers because they don't want to deal with a lot of rule making and banning rule breakers. However, for people who prefer their staff to give a shit, oasis is great. I could go on about self-morality versus social morality, but nah.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 2/11/2013, 3:44 pm

Rules Tumblr_lmnfldIAar1qdq9guo1_500
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by wedell2 2/11/2013, 5:14 pm

bandityogo wrote:
TheCliptree wrote:You know how on the official minecraft trailer it says "With no rules to follow this adventure is up to you" If not go watch it. They say "with no rules to follow" THEN WHY EVERY SINGLE TIME I POP INTO A SERVER THE FIRST THING I SEE IS A WHOLE WALL DEDICATED TO RULES!(Once in a while i see a welcome to the server sign) I bet every single one of you have been in a server where you have to read the rules then go into a room and go through a door with the right answer. I feel like many things that are fun in minecraft are taken away because of rules. I undertand why there are rules, but just sayin.

there are rules because without them, we would just be savages. picture them as boundaries, they need to be set so we have something to base this community off of

Savage beasts that will roam and will eat other people. There would be a shortage of cookies and u don't want that do we. Course we do but we do need rules to keep servers running properly.

wedell2
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix 2/11/2013, 5:20 pm

In the trailer "no rules" is just stating that almost anything can be made or achieved in Minecraft, and that you have essentially limitless possibilities in a such a sandbox game.
However, it is not directed at how servers are run at the owner's discretion. Rules are here for obvious purposes. Oasis is a community where players can feel safe about themselves when building a project and interacting with others. If there wasn't any rules, this server would be in havoc.
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCliptree 2/11/2013, 6:19 pm

What is the most important and the not most important rule in oasis
TheCliptree
TheCliptree
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 2/11/2013, 6:45 pm

TheCliptree wrote:What is the most important and the not most important rule in oasis

I think respecting everyone. This covers a lot of stuff. If you respect someone, you won't grief them, insult them or abuse them. It basically sums up all the rules, the others are just there to spell it out for the younger players. For the least important, they're all important. If there's a rule people don't think is necessary and is redundant (Like the no Diamond Block rule and banned item rule), the staff will change it. As a result Oasis has a set of rules where every one is crucial to the community we've built.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mhreynolds 2/11/2013, 6:46 pm

without rules we aren't a civilization, and without civilization we're no better than apes throwing shit at one another and competing who will be alpha and be able to mate the most with in the small communi.... wait shit even apes have a civil order fuck without we would be worse than apes.
mhreynolds
mhreynolds
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by monster51234 2/11/2013, 8:43 pm

Well without rules it would be chaos. No one would have any fun because they are being griefed. Rules make shure everyone has fun.

monster51234
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Rules Empty Re:Rules

Post by NoahMCer 2/11/2013, 9:03 pm

Look they are rules, deal with them, at least that's what I was taught as a child. Rules exist only so that everyone can benafit from them. Say for example oasis allowed griefing, would you like that? I didn't think so. Also rules correctly set keep chaos limited, many parents in my area have allowed their children do to basically anything they want, those kids have became people who get suspended every week and/or druggies. I know rules may seem like a pain but in the end they're only doing you good.
NoahMCer
NoahMCer
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 2/11/2013, 10:04 pm

Nobody insults my child. No, but seriously. The rules i've kept in order and tried to make understandable at parts, but in all honesty, it's our job to keep the server orderly and fun, and in the end, that is what influences all of our major decisions, whether it's in the rules or not. The rules are like a guideline, but i've tried to include enough detail so that you know generally what to do and what not to. Don't get me wrong, I didn't write them, i've just edited them to what you see today.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCliptree 2/11/2013, 11:22 pm

Well im not against any of the minecraft rules. Its just somthing I wanted to talk about. Whoa! are there really 2 pages of posts on this topic!? Should i keep coming up with theses questions? Or does it matter?
TheCliptree
TheCliptree
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/11/2013, 11:38 pm

If oasis had no rules I'd leave. The rules and how well the staff enforces them are what make this server safe and great for everyone. How would you feel if your built far away from spawn thinking you were safe, but your town or creation gets leveled by girefers with TNT, and staff doesn't care? The server wouldn't be about building without rules; it would be about blowing everything up with TNT and murdering each other like a giant pvp server. People on Oasis like BUILDING things, not ruining the game for everyone else, and that's why staff works so hard to provide a safe environment for us.

As for that trailer, no minecraft (by yourself) does not have rules.
However, servers do, and they are defined by the owners who PAY to run them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 2/12/2013, 12:05 am

At first thought, having no rules would feel like you are a 6 year old in a large building with no adults telling you what to do. So 'fun'. But, that 'fun' would only last around an hour before you realize that your actions have consequences, that you dont want to deal with.

Rules are the foundation of everything that had ever been made. Without them, there is nothing. The world itself hangs from a 'rope' so to say. This rope is the rules. This rope makes sure people dont go around causing utter chaos, but when the do, the rope stops them. Without the rope, the world would fall, and so with it everything.

So in a way, a server without rules is a server with no freedom.

Talking about servers.

If a server had no rules, everything would be complete shit. Noone would play on that server and it would shut down. A server depends on Its rules to stay afloat. If oasis one day removed its rules, everyone would leave, noone would come back, and there goes oasis.

The topic at hand about the minecraft ad, is just a nice remark to persuade people to buy the game. If a 12 year old hears 'No rules' they go crazy. However, rules are still there. The phrase in the ad only implies to the fact that you can do anything almost anything.

That settled, I'm going to bed. Its 12:04 AM and I'm extremely tired.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 2/12/2013, 6:47 am

Rules No_sta10

No Rules in a Nutshell.

Paint was used, if you can't notice. (and yes, i did it.)

ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Rules Empty Rules

Post by surv1v0r08 2/12/2013, 12:47 pm

Rules are here for several reasons they are here so we can all be, fair, respectful and kind to others. They also stop people destroying other peoples property and stealing other peoples stuff. I'd love to say that everyone is perfect but I can't.
If you can't obey the rules then don't play, thats that.
surv1v0r08
surv1v0r08
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Rules Empty Really, guys?

Post by TheFluffyKitsune 2/12/2013, 1:41 pm

Are the rules really worth debating over? They're here, so it would be best to just follow them.
TheFluffyKitsune
TheFluffyKitsune
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 2/12/2013, 2:10 pm

Heh, nobody's debating over the rules, I think. The initial post was wondering about the term, and someone explained it already. I think it's fun to see what people think about the rules though :D
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down