Bukkit update for 1.5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bukkit update for 1.5

Post by Nova042 on 4/21/2011, 1:36 am

Under the suggestion of some people, I have turned this into a new thread rather than leaving it in the already Vanilla server thread.

I'm not sure if the staff has see this yet. It was posted on Bukkit's website early this morning.

bukkit.org wrote:Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5?
Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with.

Due to the nature of the project and the methods we use to provide Bukkit for Minecraft, any update - no matter how small - requires us to figure out the mapping of obfuscated classes and update our code. This takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully you understand our decision.

Having said all this, we recommend that you stay on 1.4 for a while until the patch storm subsides if your server depends on Bukkit.

I don't claim to know anything about how plugins work, and maybe bucket isn't the only one that needs updating, or maybe this isn't even possible, but it might behoove us to revert back to 1.4 until they can get an update out. We don't want people jumping ship after another week of vanilla. We all know how quite it got last time on the server.

-Nova

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bukkit update for 1.5

Post by Ariley on 4/21/2011, 1:54 am

I am aware. I do follow bukkit's website and am in contact with a couple of the developers. I was about to revert to 1.4 and tell you all to backdate your clients, then Notch came out with 1.5_01, and now the devs have continued work on 1.5.

From talking to one of the devs, it seems that a stable build should be available Thursday, MAYBE Friday at the latest, which means by the weekend, we should be up and running on the old map in some capacity.

Thus, it didn't seem worth it to try and get every player to backdate to 1.4, just for like 2 days.

I hope we can all agree this was a decent decision, even though I know how we all hate vanilla. I know, it sucks too.

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top