Biohazard938
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Vanilla? Fml...

Post by Nova042 on 4/19/2011, 1:03 pm

Oh no....

I haven't logged in yet, but this was not what I had been expecting. I know game updates and waiting for plugin updates is nothing the Owners or Admins can expect, and we all just have to wait, but Vanilla sucks :P. I guess lucky for me I have quite a lot of things to do today to keep me out of game.

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley on 4/19/2011, 1:25 pm

yeah i'm pretty bummed too. unfortunately, it's something you just have to deal with when you play a game still in development.

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteTiger on 4/19/2011, 8:34 pm

Keep the spirits up. It's just vanilla, it does suck but at least the whole server wasn't down. this gives us a chance to take a break from MC, we all (should) have lives to live, Right?? I need one to study cause i have exams right after spring break.. FUCK study study study

WhiteTiger
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Berezur on 4/20/2011, 5:31 am

Well, Vanilla isn't that bad, too.
It's really cool to play with some mates without having any help by mods and plugins ;)

Berezur
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 4/20/2011, 2:42 pm

Hey Ariley and admins, not sure if you have seen this or not. It was posted on Bukkit's website this morning.

bukkit.org wrote:Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5?
Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with.

Due to the nature of the project and the methods we use to provide Bukkit for Minecraft, any update - no matter how small - requires us to figure out the mapping of obfuscated classes and update our code. This takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully you understand our decision.

Having said all this, we recommend that you stay on 1.4 for a while until the patch storm subsides if your server depends on Bukkit.

I don't claim to know anything about how plugins work, and maybe bucket isn't the only one that needs updating, or maybe this isn't even possible, but it might behoove us to revert back to 1.4 until they can get an update out.

-Nova

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top