Oasis Civilian Services NEW HIRE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oasis Civilian Services NEW HIRE

Post by Roboterlein on 1/6/2013, 6:34 pm

We are posting here to announce OCS' "First Hire of the Year" Process and Progress.

OCS has been looking to add a new member to its team for a short while now. January 10th is the day to be looking if you applied for the position. Since this day is coming up soon, we're giving you the opportunity to express your desire to join OCS!

Express your interests! List your qualifications! Let us know why you want to join OCS in our mission to make Oasis a better place for all citizens!

Leave a reply in this thread, and we'll seriously consider your application to OCS!

Stay tuned on January 10th!

Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oasis Civilian Services NEW HIRE

Post by THC1996 on 1/6/2013, 9:58 pm

Hey Roboter, I've been wondering when this would happen. I've wanted to be part of OCS since I read about it on the forum. The first thing I noticed was "giving advice" which I do regularly. I try to be the first to answer questions that players ask in chat. I really like helping any player with whatever they need. I can't really think of any "special" qualifications that would set me apart from other players but would still like to have it known that I'm open to aid any player (new or experienced) with builds, settling in, showing them around towns, giving advice on designs, etc... One project I've done recently was aid Grimtongue with the construction of the public mine in Flaketown. I'm a man ready to take orders from anyone who needs help and I want to enhance the experience for all of my fellow Oasians. If you take the time to read this, thanks. ~ Sincerely THC1996

THC1996
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nsuth13 #2 on 1/7/2013, 12:34 am

Hey robo and osga !

I have wanted to be in OCS as you normally see i have work on so many project's skyscraper, designer houses , boats , towns atthe moment i am building a mansion . i build a lot of things, there just a few. I am always welcomeing players ( welcome read /rules and do /kit woodkit please) I normally allways ask every day if any one need help with builds or and questions like how to apply for member or how do i use the forums ? . I am just a normal trusted + player on the server i have nothing special besides trying to always be a good player. I think being me being in OCS could help them do there projects faster and help more people. I am really active on server like hours and hours a day i could get a lot done in OCS . I am apart of WS with i build a lot in there. I am very intested in OCS i think it could benifit me and you ! . I will be willing to contribute lot's of things to OCS
thanks [trusted+]nsuth13

nsuth13 #2
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 on 1/7/2013, 11:46 am

Hey There Guys.

On the server I try to dedicate most of my time to helping other players anyway so It would be quite fun to be a part of the OCS. I'm very good with redstone and I'm alright at building, now that I have actually started to learn. You will always see me assisting guests on getting settled in and welcoming new people. I think it would be a good way to spend my time as a part of the OCS so I hope you consider me as a candidate for this part. I'd be proud to wear the OCS title as I think that it is a great organisation.

Lemme try this [OSCVeteran]... Is it less that 10. Oh yes, it is 10, :D!

Anyways thx for reading this, if you see anything I've missed. (Or rather don't see) then please message me and I'll add it straight in.

Your Average Veteran ~ Rev.

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein on 1/7/2013, 5:43 pm

Bump: so everyone has a chance to see this before the 10th!

Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OCS

Post by NoahMCer on 1/7/2013, 7:04 pm

Hi, I have loved the idea of OCS since I first came to oasis, I understand it is hard to get started and/or get things done here, when I started on oasis I was given permission to live with jacopley after a week of being homeless. I helped a newly joined guest a long time ago by building him a house because he was having a hard time gathering supplies and he was almost begging for help, then I remembered that same feeling of when I was like him and someone helped me, I realized that it was my turn to answer the call. I built a decent sized house for him, then he left the game and never returned. But in those days supplies were very limited for me so from then I have gained many supplies and helped many people with questions and builds. Even if I become OCS or not I will still continue to help people on the server.also I am a generally nice person and am very active. Please
consider this :)

-Noah(noahdooling)

Last edited by NoahMCer on 1/9/2013, 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

NoahMCer
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

~Joey is an Italian~

Post by tanaka91 on 1/7/2013, 7:21 pm

I'm just going to be lazy and copy/pasta my application from that other OCS thread tongue Ofcours i have add some minor updates.

I would want to join OCS and because Osga said i didn't show interest yet. I'm making a formal app here just for the feels tongue

My specialty covers: pixelart (pokemon, assasins creed, skyrim), standing statues, statues in different poses/with different tools/weapons ect...

Why should you pick me ? Well i have no freaking clue why you should choose me. There are probaly 100+ oasians that are better than me for the job. I just want to join so i can maybe improve my skills in pixelart, help other people to do the same, help people do stuff in general (digging holes, making farms for guests etc) and to make new friends. Like a famous poet once said: The best way to make new friends is to help them and accidently become best friends.

Two project that i consider to be my best. My gift to bisongirl and my statue of kelly.

tanaka91
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein on 1/8/2013, 12:16 am

Bump: So everyone who wants a chance, gets a chance.

Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 1/8/2013, 3:18 am

I just wanted to point out that before I became GUIDE I really wanted to join OCS since I am so good with redstone and on ALOT I could have helped a lot of people. Hell I still help people with redstone LOL. But I just wanted to get this out there that I had an interest in joining OCS but my duties as GUIDE and the lead plugin developer (THATS RIGHT MADSCI I SAID IT!) for Oasis I have no time to REALLY dedicate my self. BUT if at any time you guys would like assistance and I'm not doing anything important please by all means call on me! I get bored easily and things like this will keep me busy.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboterlein on 1/9/2013, 6:40 pm

Bumping: LAST CALL FOR APPLICANTS!

Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 1/10/2013, 7:10 pm

I would like to happily announce the newest member of OCS.

Tanaka91!

There were many other great people who wanted to join, but only one additional member is needed right now. This isnt to say that there will not be more people joining OCS. Its quite the opposite! With the increasing popularity of OCS and its services, new members will be needed! So do not be upset or angry if you weren't picked.

As for the next promotion date, please do NOT ask. I will not be assigning another promotion day like what I did here. The next member will OCS will just be offered the position privately. To get selected help people and just be an overall nice person! Its that simple, even if you don't get selected, you are making Oasis a better place.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by THC1996 on 1/10/2013, 7:18 pm

Gratz Tanaka. you will definitely make a great OCS member

THC1996
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

gratz

Post by NoahMCer on 1/10/2013, 7:52 pm

gratz to tanaka!! Im not upset or anything that i didnt get it, tanaka deserved it much more than me, and besides there will be more OCS hires, and i plan to be on oasis for a long time, the only thing that will make me leave is issues in school.

-Noah

NoahMCer
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top