My Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Community

Post by Nova042 on 4/5/2011, 8:57 pm

I had made a post earlier in Ariley's new server progress thread about what to do on a vanilla map and how to save yourself from griefing. I just want to show everyone what can be accomplished in just a few days on a vanilla server if you do a good job hiding your place from griefers. Almost everything in these pictures I gathered or constructed myself. Only a few items such as some wool, 3 glowstone, and a few bookcases were given to me. I have also had to rebuild the community twice after a devastating lava trash can fire. There are I currently 5 residents (including myself) living in this small underground area. It is fully functional, and outside of some wool collection, I have no need to go to the surface. I have plans to create a second community once the old map is back, and build it directly under my current floating city of Termina. If anyone is interested in building his/her own apartment in my community, you are welcome to. I only have a few rules that can be discussed later. Please contact Nova042 in game for more information. I present to you, My Community:

My Appartment:

Bamby's Condo (assuming he ever returns to see it :)):

Examples of some of the floors:

Indoor Farms:

Cafe Nova:

Public Library and Pool:

And my pride and joy, the Opera House:

In case anyone is wondering, the texture pack I am using is based off of Jolicraft, but with a few of my own alterations and additions. Put your minds to work and create something great!

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Community

Post by Master_moles on 4/5/2011, 9:17 pm

Well done, my good friend

Master_moles
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 4/5/2011, 9:40 pm

I would like to thank JonChen, Knight, Goldmine and Commander for successfully diffusing a rather tense situation and limiting the loss of property.

Last edited by Nova042 on 4/5/2011, 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley on 4/5/2011, 9:43 pm

hmm.... that's not good.

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhreynolds on 4/5/2011, 11:06 pm

you missed my epic pond ;)

mhreynolds
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bamby2727 on 4/6/2011, 8:55 am

i get back on but i have to find it again sadly :( lol

bamby2727
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JonChen on 4/6/2011, 9:42 pm

It's no problem for us to defuse the tnt. Actually it was rather fun finding the TNT! But, I just went on the Vanilla server today and everything was griefed. :cry:

JonChen
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 4/7/2011, 12:03 am

Yes, sadly it is all gone. Someone burned it all and stole our chests. All we have now are the memories and these photos.

On a more upbeat note. As I stated above, I will be starting a sister project to the community once the old map goes live. This time it will be larger and more elaborate. I already have plans for an underground eco-dome, larger pool and sauna, putting green, sushi restaurant, bar, large entryway, and fishing pond, on top of the many things I already had in the first community. If you can think of any more ideas of things you would like to see added to the community, please post them here or let me know in game.

-Nova

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley on 4/7/2011, 2:36 am

I look forward to checking that shit out!

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 4/7/2011, 5:38 am

Hello everyone!

As there is still no place for us to post images of the things we have created, I am going to continue to post my pictures in this thread.

I decided after having my last 4 homes destroyed, that I would start a little dirt hovel in the middle of a lava crater. Well things got a little out of control, and with the help of Cowman we made quite a nice little place for ourselves. Everything that was used to build the house was collected from within the immidiate crater or spawn area (outside of wool and trees, because we all know trees don't exist at spawn). I built this structure in the location I did knowing very well that it would not survive the night. And of course I was correct. The griefing began before we had completed work, but that is besides the point. I took the screenshots early just in case, and it payed off. Here they are:

What a disaster:

Wait, what is this?

Upstairs:

Workroom:

Downstairs:

Tree Farm:

My Room (I prefer small and simple) :

Cowman's Room:

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KN1GHT on 4/7/2011, 8:21 am

Well, I got a photo of the the spawn, mostly my tower, from the first day in Vanilla.

KN1GHT
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top