New repair system in 1.4.2 TIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New repair system in 1.4.2 TIP

Post by Paxination on 10/31/2012, 2:22 am

Ok so I just learned something from the new repair system in the update! I was just repairing my fortune/unbreaking/effieceny pic for the 3rd time and noticed that I could not repair it to its full potential. It said "Too Expensive" when I had just 2 diamonds in it! 1 diamond put it about half or just short of it. I was like WTF?

So I researched the wiki and fount out that with each repair, the cost goes up. Which honestly I think is crap. I allready dont like the enchanting system for several reasons!

1. If I have 34 lvls of xp, and enchant at lvl 30, I should have more than 4 lvls after that! It cost more XP the higher you go. Those lvl 4 of xp does not equal the same as 30 to 34! You should be left with more. It should take out the XP VALUE of 30 lvls.

2. I hate the random crap. you should be able to pick and choose, and to prevent over powering, make it a skill that has to be learned, and you get better with each!

Ok done ranting about that! Too bad Notch doesnt read our forums. I might post these 2 on the official forums suggestions.

Ok, now! If you plan on using MC's repair system, to prevent the inflation, RENAME your tool/weapon/armor BEFORE YOU ENCHANT IT! According to the wiki (we know how that goes sometimes) that it locks its cost down to repair in the future!

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New repair system in 1.4.2 TIP

Post by Paxination on 10/31/2012, 10:33 pm

1 more thing. Its VERY expensive to keep enchantments on renamed tools/weapons!

A renamed diamond pic with fortune 3, effeciency 4 and unbreaking 3 will only repair with 1 diamond and 36 lvls of XP each time. You can repair it once, then go back and do it again until its repaired enough! 1 Diamond and 36xp!

So unless you have a blaze farm (dont think any other mob farm is fast enough), its pointless! Unless you do a shit load of mining or hunting!

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top