rank question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rank question

Post by brandon1001 on 4/2/2011, 8:01 pm

hey guys do i have to be veteran 1st to be able to apply for guide because im trusted rank right now.
And this is for the admins, Wat do the donation even do for the owners. the reason im asking this is because i really want to donate,, but my parents said no and they think its another scam, so admins please help me.

brandon1001
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: rank question

Post by JonChen on 4/2/2011, 8:22 pm

I'm not an admin, but i can answer this question. Ariley pays for the server, plugins, and Teamspeak each month. Donating helps Ariley pay for our server because Ariley pays for all of our stuff. So Ariley does not try to scam you. Ariley won't take your money and buy himself a nice car or something.

Admins correct me if im wrong. :)

-JonChen

JonChen
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 4/2/2011, 8:29 pm

You probably will not be able to apply (or at least won't be chosen) unless you have been around for quite a while and have achieved a higher status, ie. Artisan, Veteran. A guide is essentially a Veteran but with the ability to ban certain people.

As for donations, I have donated because I felt it was a worthy cause (and I like TPing). My understanding of most server donation situations like this is that the money goes towards paying the monthly fees involved with keeping a dedicated server up and running for us to play on. Basically, Your paying to play multi player. The money that normally goes towards keeping the server running comes (I assume) straight out of the pockets of the owners, and your contribution helps lessen the cost.

-Nova

(I think I'm just repeating JonChen, who AGAIN beat me to helping someone!)

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sainteven on 4/2/2011, 8:49 pm

being vet/artisan is not a set in stone requirement of guide but it would help obviously. As for donation, Ariley and I put the money towards the server, upgrading it, hosting it plus the teamspeak so rest assured any donation is not going to to be squandered or wasted.

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top